FIVE

5. what you want

•••

EDEN ABRELL

EDEN ABRELL

4 DAYS LATER — END OF WEEK

This week was not helpful at all.

My family members were more determined to create a ship name for me and Mr King.

So far they've gotten Huxden, Abing, Edley and Krell.

Yeah, I think they're still brainstorming.

In between the ship names and them talking about how cute a couple we'd be and how he definitely 'likes' me, my feelings for him grew.

I suddenly hated that stupid saying; 'Distance makes the heart grow fonder.'

Fuck you, Sextus.

I've never hated anything more. Horrible and selfish still burned my skull every single day. I think if it weren't for them and the thought of how hurt my best friend would be, I'd do something really stupid.

Today's the day I'm going to be picked up. Hopefully, my parents can come get me. I haven't gotten any word on who's picking me up and it was sending me into a spiral of anxiety. It felt as if I couldn't breathe. God, if my car hadn't gone into the dealership this week, all of this could've been avoided.

How convenient.

I've packed up almost everything. I just needed to change into today's outfit and put my pyjamas into my suitcase, zip it up and I'll be ready to go.

I sighed and put my plate and cup in the dishwasher after rinsing them off. I had jam toast and orange juice for breakfast. I walked out of the kitchen and upstairs into my room, closing the door behind me.

I took off my shirt and shorts, leaving me in my bra and underwear from the night before. I put on a cropped white sweater and high waisted blue jeans. I took the ankle socks I left out and put them on, grabbing my white Adidas. I slid the shoes on and laced them up. I brushed my hair and left it down in its wavy curls.

I grabbed my pyjama shirt and shorts, folded them and put them in my suitcase. I put my brush in my toiletry bag and placed that in my suitcase as well. I zipped up my suitcase and stood it up against my bed. I grabbed my purse, checking that everything is in it before letting the strap rest on my shoulders. I grabbed my suitcase and carried it downstairs.

When I got to the bottom of the stairs, I put my suitcase down and checked my phone for any messages. I set my purse down on my suitcase as I read the message my mum sent me.

Mum: Sorry honey. Me and your dad can't pick you up but Gracie's dad offered to so he's on his way. Love you.

No.