°° ELEVEN

11. with those words

°°Smut in this chapter°°

•••

EDEN ABRELL

EDEN ABRELL

His eyes swept over me, taking me in. I pulled on the inside of my bottom lip with my teeth and ran my hand through my hair.

"Hey, Eden." He smiled softly, tilting his head, still looking at me. "Come in."

I smile and walk into his room, my shoulder brushing against his as I do.

I heard the door click shut softly behind me and I let out a breath. I was nervous. Anxious. I had no idea what the hell I was doing in here. I don't even know why I stopped at his bedroom door. I should've been going back to Gracie's room to go to sleep. But, instead, I was here.

Before I even realised, Huxley wrapped his arms around my waist, with my hands resting on top of his, our fingers locked. I sighed at the closeness of our bodies, his warm skin against my back felt like a reason to breathe.

He leaned his head down and kissed my lobe, whispering in my ear, "You okay, stunning?"

"I don't know," I paused, tilting my head to look at him. "Am I?"

His eyes hardened and he shook his head, "Don't do that Eden. Just don't."

"Don't do what?" I said, stepping out of his arms and away from him.

"Don't," He rubbed his face before speaking again. "Make yourself the bad guy."

"I- Uh- I- I'm not," I let out a short, breathy laugh.

His expression morphed into one that said, don't lie. I rolled my eyes, disliking how easily he could read me and looked down at my hands.

"Yes, you are." He stepped forward, closing the space between us as he grabs my chin gently but firmly. "I'll take it. I'll take all the heat for being with you. But don't you dare, not for one second, make yourself feel bad for needing me when I need you back."

I thought I could do this, But I just can't. I don't want to ruin a family. Especially not my best friends. In this case scenario, my feelings don't matter.

I let out a shaky breath and my chin wobbles. "I'm sorry. I just," I took a deep breath and let it out. "What I'm doing-"

"What we are doing," He pressed on the word 'we'.

I let out a weak scoff before I speak, "What we're doing. You know you're going to have to choose, right."

He tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my ear, "I'm aware."

"Choosing between me and your family, I-" I cut myself off. There are no words. I can't. I look at him. "It's a horrible thing to do."

He furrowed his eyebrows and cocked his head, looking confused and afraid.