seventeen

Jimin was having one of the most relaxing evenings ever as he wore his favorite, most comfortable pajamas, he had a face mask on and he was on face time to Taehyung talking about how their day was, flirting and cracking jokes. Every moment of it was good fun. "Taebear, I'm sleepy" complained Jimin in a whiny voice, as he lay on his side with his phone standing up by his pillow. Jimin felt like he could easily drift off to sleep any time soon, and Taehyung couldn't help but coo at the sight.

"You poor little thing. Get some rest now, sleepy head" cooed Taehyung as he kept his eyes focused on the boy on his phone screen. Jimin smiled at the little nickname, too sleepy to be flustered. "Goodnight, Taebear" smiled the sleepy Jimin, waving his hand lazily and floppily. "Goodnight, my cherry" responded Taehyung with a flirtatious little smile. Jimin had accepted the nickname that had been given to him, finding it rather cute.

Just as they hung up the call, Jimin received another call from a number he didn't recognise. Too scared not to, Jimin picked up and he was glad that he did. "Hello, is this Park Jimin?" asked the lady urgently on the other end, and immediately Jimin answered her with an anxious yes. "Please come immediately to Seoul Central Hospital. Your friend Jung Hoseok is in care and you were his top emergency contact" explained the nurse.

Quickly, Jimin thanked her, hung up and changed his fluffy socks for normal ones. In a panicked rush, Jimin put on his slip on shoes and rushed out the door with only his phone and keys. Jimin forced himself to keep all his tears in as he could actually see where he was going. So many questions circled his mind; why was he in the hospital? Did he get in a fight? Did he do this to himself? Was he okay? Was he alive? Was he awake? Jimin needed answers urgently.

As soon as Jimin entered the room, he rushed to Hoseok's side and knelt down beside him. He wanted to just hug him so so badly and tell him it was going to all be okay but Hoseok could barely even move and so he didn't want to unintentionally hurt him by hugging him. "Oh my poor hobihobi.." mumbled Jimin sadly, tears trickling down his cheeks and gently pattering onto the sheets of the bed Hoseok lay on. Hoseok didn't reply to him and just gazed up at his best friend with teary eyes.

The two stayed in silence for a bit before one or the nurses came to Jimin with some papers. "I assume you'll be the one by his side when he goes home, yes?" questioned the nurse, and Jimin nodded his head slightly. He did his best to calm down as to not seem like too big of a crybaby. "These are the papers instructing you of his care. It has everything you will need to know. You'll need to rebandage his arm everyday and clean the gash in his forehead. There's a lot to it" she briefly explained as she held the thick book out to him.

"Thank you very much.. Mrs June" Jimin smiled, as he read her name off the name tag. The lady only bowed slightly before getting back to her work and looking after Hoseok to the best of her abilities. As far as Jimin knows, Hoseok had been in a car crash but that was it; he knew no details and he wasn't sure if he wanted to. They would just upset him more.

The time was now midnight and Jimin had assumed Hoseok was fast asleep, and so he took his phone out to briefly explain the situation to Taehyung who was a highly concerned. He explained how he would be looking after Hoseok until he was better and how he got there. After sending off the paragraph to him, he didn't bother to wait on a reply and just shut his phone off before looking over to Hosoek.

There was no nurses in the room, just him, Hosoek, and the lamp next to Hoseok's bed which was giving off a low light. "Jung Hoseok, my best friend. I'll do my utmost to keep you in shape and help you to recover. Seeing you like this breaks my heart and I can't wait to see you happy and healthy again. I love you, my best friend.." he had whispered to the sleeping boy and even though he hadn't heard it, it made Jimin feel good having said it. And with that, he leant his head against the side of Hosoek's bed and difted off to sleep.