Changes and Discoveries

Izuku POV

As I got back to the Burrow 2.0 which is an older broken bus without seats I modified and backed the van against. I went onto my laptop so that I could watch the second and third years Sports Festival. However right as I started the second year my phone went off and I grabbed it checking only to see it was a message from Ochaco.

Ochaco: Hey Izuku it's me Ochaco Uraraka from UA just texting you to give you my number

I smile as I read the text as this being one of the first girls that I have made friends with then I respond.

Izuku: Hey Ochaco, happy to see you texted me so how is everything?

Ochaco: Good UA gave us the next two days off and when we come back we have internships

Izuku: Wow that sounds awesome I'm just doing some home projects and stuff

I look over at my workshop that I have in the bus and see the new armor and gadgets I'm making alongside my notes as info on the Hero Killer.

Ochaco: Wait don't you have school?

My eyes widen and I smack my forehead realizing that I should be in high school then I think up an excuse.

Izuku: Well I actually don't go to school I work instead cause I live alone

Ochaco: Oh really so do I except the reason is because I never lived near UA so my parents saved up and bought me an apartment

Izuku: Oh thats so nice

Ochaco: Yeah earlier when I got home from the Sports festival my parents jumped me and scared me bad lol

Izuku: man I can only imagine

Ochaco: Yeah well sorry I have to go my parents are insisting on taking me out to celebrate

Izuku: Ok well have fun celebrating and I'll talk to you later on

After that I lay my phone down and plug it in to the charger attached to the laptop powered by a generator I repaired. I start the second year's video but hastily jump through it seeing some interesting quirks but none really. I end up finishing it way faster than I thought and decide to jump into the Third year's video as I grab some food and water from a nearby cooler I use as a fridge.

Just as I'm about halfway through I notice that one of the third year's named Mirio Togata is using two quirks. I try not to spit my water out as I quickly gulp in and go back to his notes page. His quirk originally was permeation, the ability to pass through objects at will but this mutation as they call it has nothing to do with that. The new ability seems to be a form of super strength I watch as he punches sending a blast of air.

I tap my pen against my lip mutter. Well if he's able to make air waves his strength must be either close or on par with Allmight but that makes sense no "mutation" is that powerful most mutation occur when the user gets more of an understanding of their quirk and permeation doesn't affect his muscles just his atoms so this mutation has to be a new quirk but how is that possib-

Suddenly I remember something Allmight said when he was on the beach 'Time to go meet him and his so-called perfect successor for me.' However did he mean successor in the sense of his number 1 hero spot or- I stop again and open up a tab of Allmight punching and play both Mirio and Allmight side by side. The way they punch is different but the air force is practically the same. I drop my notebook and pen and put my hands on my eyes trying to make sure I am not seeing anything.

When I realize I am not I question myself but if it really is Allmight's quirk how does Miro have it? Did Allmight give it to him as his successor? Then another thought comes to my head as I remember a legend in the villain underworld from almost a century ago who supposedly had the power to take quirks. I had brushed it off as nonsense but if Mirio truly has Allmight's quirk I may have just stumbled onto a giant conspiracy with huge effects on the way we view quirks.