Names and Friends

Bakugo POV

The day we came back we were shown how many offers we got and Todoroki beat me having 4,123 and me having 3,456. Most of the class was chatting it up and I just sat back then RoundFace came up to me. "Wow Bakugo you go a whole lot" I opened one eye "Well obviously I would" she just kept smiling "Well yeah I only got 20 and I'm just surprised I got any at all" I just looked at her for a minute skeptically then my eyes narrowed. "What do you want?" she just rubbed the back of her head and laughed then said "Oh never mind it can wait for after class" she then went back and sat down.

It's weird because not many of the class like to openly talk with me besides Shitty Hair, Dunce Face, Raccoon Eyes, and Soy Sauce. I just glance at her and forget about it for now when Mr.Aizawa lays a packet on my desk with my offers. Then he stops us and tells us that we have something extremely important to take care of and the whole class besides a few shudders.

Then he reveals it's just us picking our hero names and the class does a 180 from scared to extremely happy. Aizawa just quiets us and says that since he's not the best with hero names that we will have someone to help.

Then he's cut off by Midnight slamming into the classroom announcing that she'll be the one to help us. We all get a white board to write our hero names on and I end up staring at mine for a while. I hear almost everyone go up and announce their names with the exception of Todoroki and Four Eyes both just writing their own names. Then a memory hits me out of nowhere taking place in the forefront of my mind.

The memory plays on both me and Izuku as kids. I had gotten my quirk and Izuku's birthday was still coming up and it was one of the last times I was nice to him. We are at the park playing with a ball. "Hey Kacchan wanna come up with hero names?" my eyes sparkled for a moment then I nodded and we put the ball down. Izuku then sat down and I sat next to him and he started muttering.

"Well if we are going to give Kacchan a hero name it has to fit with the type of hero he would want to be and his quirk, his quirk is super flashy so maybe something along those lines, ok so it has to be flashy and explosi-"

I smack his head playfully. "Geez Izuku do you ever stop mumbling?" He laughs and then his eyes light up and he stands. I look at him curiously as he points at me then says "I know the perfect hero name for Kacchan it should be GroundZero like the landing spot of a bomb or explosion" he smiles brightly I get up and smile back

"Yeah GroundZero I like it"

The class just looks at me awed and amazed the Shitty Hair yells out "Dude that name is so manly and it fits you to a tee" I just smile then announce "Damn right my hero name is the Explosive Hero GroundZero" Midnight just claps and says "Yes there are no problems with that name" I go back to my seat and lunch time starts.

As I walk out of the classroom I stop outside waiting and once RoundFace walks out. "RoundFace you wanted to talk right?" I say as she turns around and her eyes light up. "Oh yeah" she turns to FourEyes and the Frog "I'll catch up later guys" She then walks over to me and I just lean back against the wall. "Well what is it?" I say annoyed and irritated however it doesn't faze her too much.

"Ok Bakugo first promise you won't explode too much and get us in trouble" I just rolled my eyes and started to get up off the wall. "Wait wait ok ok I'll just tell you" I turn around and she continues

"Well I met someone at the Sports festival and we became friends and this person knows you and I just wanted to know more about them so I could be a good friend for them" while she was talking she just looked down and blushed a small bit.

"Ok who is the extra?" she then whispers a name faintly and it sounds like Izuku. I then just lean in "huhhhhh louder"

she looks up and says "His name is Izuku Midoriya" My eyes widen and she looks at me confused then I get angry. "You don't need to know anything about him RoundFace and if you want to I am not the guy to ask you idiot" I turn and stomp away.