Shocked

I open the second letter, feeling extra scared.

I still can't comprehend what I learned from the first letter.

Who thought that instead of my brothers i would be the heir to the mafia?

Ughhh, so stressful .

I stand up from the bed and pace around the room, holding the letter in my hands.

Ok, focus on the letter Lia.

***

Dear Lia,

I suppose you are now aware that you are the heir.
Please be wise and careful. Your decisions could change everything.

Now, I'm about to tell you something and you need to choose a path.

16 years ago, when i went to the hospital since i was feeling sick, they told me i was pregnant, with twins.

Having twins meant having two heirs for the
mafia .

Nobody would accept that. Your grandfather said that having two heirs take over would make the mafia split up.

Now, that is very dangerous since we have a lot of enemies and if the mafia gets weaker, they will no doubt come after everyone and won't stop until they kill the whole family.

There was a meeting while i was still in the hospital.

Decisions were made and i was not aware of that until your father came back to the hospital after the meeting to tell me the news .

He told me that one of the twins should be sent away.

I immediately objected and refused to let go of one of my children.

Your father was not happy about the decision either but he said that if we don't send one of the twins away, they would kill the whole family so i had to listen.

I didn't choose who stays and who leaves . I left it to the man who came to take one of you away.

We told your brothers that the other twin died .

There was even a funeral so it would be more convincing.

To this day i still can't stop thinking about him and what i let them do .

They told me he will be taken care of properly.
I asked them to tell me where he was being taken to but they refused, saying that it would get suspicious if i went to visit your twin brother.

I didn't give up though and gathered some information by paying one of the men.

He gave me updates on my baby boy until he was three.

Then i heard that my spy was killed in a mission and i tried to find another way to gather information about your twin but had no luck in that.

When i found out i had cancer a few months ago, i knew that I couldn't die without knowing where my son was.

So i sent out some people without your father knowing and thankfully they found me his location.

I couldn't go see him. What was i going to say?

That I'm your mother and I'm gonna be dying soon?

That's why, my sweet girl, i want you to go see him, and bring him back home.

I know you're shocked and i know it's hard, but please find him and bring him back to the family.

The men told me he lives in Russia , Saint Petersburg. He lives with a wealthy family called the Sidorovs .

They are dangerous, so please be careful. I left you some money in the last envelope so you can travel to Russia and find him.

Be careful, i love you my sweet girl.

***

Holy

Holy

Holy

I have a fucking twin??!!!!!!

WHAT?????

I cannot believe this!!!!!!

How could they send their child away?

I pace around the room pulling at my hair.

This is insane. I need to find him. He deserves to know .

But how? With just a last name?

Oh god.why couldn't you be more specific mom?

*Knock knock *

I frantically gather the letters and put them in my drawer and go to the door .

"Umm, yeah?" I say opening the door .

Alex stands there and he looks exhausted. Oh how i feel guilty.

" heyyy sweetie, you alright?" He asks ruffling my hair.

" yeah I'm fine. But you look really tired. Can't you get some rest?" I ask .

" can't. Need to work ." He sighs and wraps an arm around my shoulder.

I give up knowing that he will not stop working. We go down the stairs and enter the living room to see my two other brothers sitting there and whispering.

"What's up?" I ask sitting on a couch facing them.

They stay quiet for some time and I raise an eyebrow.

" we need to go to Russia for some time."
Viktor says and i look at the curiosly.

"Why?"

"Work ." They say all in unison.

Weirdos.

"Will you go with us?" Nicholai asks and i try to contain myself from smiling.

They're helping me more than they know.

"Umm, yeah sure. I miss Russia anyway."i say and get up to leave .

"Alright then,go pack honey, we leave tomorrow."

What? So soon? I yell and I run up the stairs to my room.

I hear my brothers laughing at my clumsy self then i get a suitcase and throw random shit in it. Then grab the letters and put them at the bottom of the suitcase and close it.

I walk to the window and sit down next to it .

It will be so hard but i have to do this.

No family left behind.