Ruined Date

I start laughing like a maniac.

"Hahaha! People are getting so creative when it comes to prank calls !" I say between laughters .

"Right babe?" I question Ace while I'm still laughing like the funniest thing happened to me .

Ace just looks at me with a look of realization and horror. Finally noticing that he's not laughing, i calm down and look at him expectantly.

"Babe? What's wrong?" I ask yet another question but he just sighs and leans down, resting our foreheads against each other.

"Natalia... i ... know who that was." He says in a slow voice. I freeze in my spot.
"Who?"

"Luca Morreti. The family's heir."
I frown at that and pull away from Ace's embrace.

"But what would he want from me? I don't get it. And what did he mean by what he said?" I ask and Ace just gulps.

He clenches his jaw and holds my face in his hands.

"I think he wants your hand in marriage."

***

The nice weather doesn't feel so nice anymore. The beach doesn't make me feel happy anymore. Just sitting on the same chair that i sat on an hour ago while having a nice dinner with my boyfriend makes me want to stand up and throw the chair at someone's face .

My brothers arrived half an hour ago . Ace told them what happened and what's funny is that they didn't even look surprised. Did they know about it all along? That someone extremely dangerous was out there trying to get to me and make me marry them?

Apparently they did.

I haven't said a word. I don't know what to say .

The guys are just talking amongst themselves a few meters away from me . I don't even care to listen.

The chair facing me is pulled out , making me jump out of my trance and i look up to see Alex plop down on the chair.

" I'm going to cut the crap and get to the point. Remember when we were in Russia and we got that phone from the intruders? "

I just nod .

"Well we found texts between the owner of the phone and an unknown number talking about and arranged marriage happening soon , or in less than 3 months to be more exact. There were no names but they did refer to the deal grandpa made years ago and you're the only girl in the family so i assume they were talking about you"
Alex says angrily and slams a hand on the table .

Both me and the guys yelp at that.

"Sorry. Anyways, we tracked the number back to a small village in Spain. We couldn't pinpoint who it was but the we realized that Luca Morreti lives there currently. Tonight we just got another reason to believe that it was him sending those texts. "

"But why does he want me?" I question my anger rising at the thought of the douche .
I haven't even met him yet he makes me feel so angry. Talk about husband material.

"We don't know that yet. But apparently he wants both you and Igor . It probably has something to do with the deal grandpa made. "

I just put my head on the table and sigh.

"Can we go home? I just want to go to bed ." I mutter and Alex replies with a yes .

He comes to my side , helping me up and wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"I promise to fix this Lia . I promise." Alex says kissing my forehead and i just nod .

I hope he does. I am most definitely not looking forward to becoming a wife to some guy I don't know at only 17.

We reach the guys and we all just start walking towards the cars that are parked a few minutes away .

"But Alex,what do they want from Igor ?" I question , suddenly coming to a halt, remembering that it makes no sense as to why they want my twin.

"We don't know . It really makes no sense why they want him but i guess we need to have a talk with Igor . He is a part of this family and we need to include him one way or another."

Viktor says and we all just nod. Alex slowly pulls on my hand and we continue our way to the cars .

I go to Ace's car and get in after he opens the door for me . This situation may be shitty but my boyfriend still remains a gentleman.

Ace starts driving and follows behind my brothers' car .

"I am going to go to Spain tomorrow." Ace suddenly blurts out after some minutes of silence and i turn my head towards him so fast that i put Sonic and Flash to shame.

"What? Are you fucking crazy? The psycho is there and you're just gonna go into his trap ?" I yell out .

"He might be a psycho but i can be one too when it comes to my girlfriend so I'm gonna go there with my men to do some research on him. "

I know arguing would be pointless so i just reach out and hold his hand.

"Just be careful ok? Like REALLY careful !"

"I will."

After that, some minutes are spent in a comfortable silence and we just enjoy each other's company.

When i look ahead, we are in front of my house and my brothers are just getting out of their car.

"I love you." Ace says , probably feeling my concern for his well-being.

" i love you too." I say and we both lean in for a kiss .

The kiss lasts for a few seconds before there's a loud bang on the hood of the car.

"Man ! Gross! Get away from my sister! " Nicholai says and ruins the moment we had.

I just sigh and get out of the car. Before going in, i look back and wave at Ace .

***

After saying goodbye to Ace , we all go into the living room . Surprisingly, Igor is waiting for us , with two guards standing behind him making sure he doesn't run of course.

"Everyone take a seat." We do as Alex instructed.

" i asked Igor to be here and tell us anything he knows about the Morreti family." He adds and turns to Igor.

He hesitates but eventually starts talking when Alex shoots him a hard glare.

"A month ago,Luca came to Russia, doing research about Natalia and i . He knew we were twins and everything about how i ended up there and you guys ended up here. He told my caregiver that he needed a heir, immediately and he wanted to know where Natalia was. I hid away from him because he was one scary motherfucker and i knew he wanted your location from be but I didn't give it to him. That is all i know. But one thing I'm sure about, is that he gets what he wants and currently, he wants to get you and trust me he will." Igor says in a monotone voice then slumps back into the couch.

"Why didn't you give him my location?"
I ask , feeling curious about why he would protect me.

Igor just looks at me for a few seconds then leans forward.

"Because if he knew where you were, he wouldn't need me anymore and he would kill me so I simply saved my life." He says then stands up .

He asks his guards to take him back to his room. He was given a room on the top floor, with five guards guarding the door at all times making sure he doesn't run.

After that, no one has anything to add so we all say our good nights and head to our rooms.

My phone lights up with a text from Ace .

"I love you, see you soon."

I reply immediately.

"Yeah , love you too. Take care." I write and lay on my bed .

Little did i know tonight was the last time i was seeing Ace for a long time.