Messed up much?

"Umm, hello gentlemen." I say as i shift on my heels, finally breaking the awkward silence filling the room. Barely gaining the courage ,i glance at everyone in the room quickly.

There are around ten men sitting around the table and they are looking at me with curiosity written all over their faces, except for the man who just spoke up and called me a 'princess '.

At first glance, these men seem like typical businessmen that know nothing other than sitting behind a table and signing deals.

But they are not like that, most definitely not.

These men are all involved in mafias, they have guns under their expensive suits and i can tell that by just looking at them.

A few have some tattoos running down their faces or necks and hands.

What really scares me though, is the fact that they have the same tattoo on their right wrist which means they're all in the same mafia.

I know the tattoo very well, it belongs to a well known mafia in town called the shadows. They're called by this name because they do their work in the shadows ; their victims never know who got to them until a few seconds before they are murdered brutally.

I don't like them, at all. They do unspeakable things but i am in a room full of them on my own so i better keep my mouth shut.

The man who spoke last gets up, comes around the table and shakes my hand.
"I am David Miller. Owner of this company and your brothers' friend . Nice to meet you miss Ivanov." He says with a smile .

I need to look up in order to see his face which is nicely shaved , with blue eyes and neatly combed brown hair ,because he is very tall . He is also huge like a giant which scares me a bit. Why did Alex send me here on my own again? Never mind.

I decide to make a good impression so i give him a real charming smile and shake his hand as well.
"Nice to meet you too."
He pulls out the chair at the head of the table for me and i sit down, thanking him.

He goes back to the other head of the table and sits back down.
"So , we shouldn't stall, let's get to business."

***

"You changed my mind completely miss Ivanov, working with your brothers isn't as hard as I thought ." David says as he leads me out of the meeting room,

He offered to lead me out and I accepted because I forgot the way out. Ooops?!

"Why would you say that now Mr. Miller?"
I ask curiously, walking next to him to the elevator with my bags and some files in hand of the contract we just signed.

" because with your brothers, i could resist their offers when it gets too risky, but with you, i could never fight against that sharp mind and witty mouth, let's say your charm isn't not effective either." He says with a slight smile as he gives me a glance out of the corner of his eyes.

Oook?

I just give him a smile. He doesn't get a chance to say anything else because my phone starts ringing.

" excuse me." I say as i step away a little bit to answer a call from Nicholai.

"Hello?"

"Lia! Are you ok? Where are you? " he says in a very worried tone.

" i am fine. I just got done with the meeting. What's wrong?"
I hope my sixth sense is wrong and something bad isn't about to happen.