Where i belong

"Alex ! Wait!" Viktor yells but Alex is already out of the office and god knows where he is headed to.
Nicholai and Viktor stand up and run after him.

The rest of us just sit there looking at each other .some minutes go by and i am starting to loose my patience. I get up and pull Ace up with me .

"I'm gonna go find them because I'm tired of not knowing what's happening and you're coming with me because I'm scared of searching this place alone. Why did they choose a place that looks like a morgue anyway?" I say to Ace and drag him with me .

He walks lazily behind me as i try to pull him with all my power. One glare from me makes him fasten his steps though.

"Babe, no one in this building will ever harm you. They are trained to protect you." Ace says as he wraps an arm around me .

"Ok,fine i just wanted you to come with me. Where do you think my brothers would go?" I look left and right but both ways look the same. This building is so confusing. It has so many doors and hallways .

"This way." He points to his right and i just follow.
"How do you even know where to go?" I ask curiously as we go down a set of stairs.

"Umm, i guess it's time we talked about this. You know... when I disappeared?"
He says as he scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah! I called you a thousand times and you didn't answer once!" I exclaim moving my hands in the air to show my frustration.

"Well, i had to go to Italy for a week and then i came here to do some investigation. I have been spending a lot of time in this building... doing .. uhhh business."
He says and i raise a brow at him.

"What do you mean by business?" I ask as i stop walking.

He stops too and turns to me. He puts his hands on my shoulder and leans down to my level.This height difference has me swooning most of the time but at a time like this it makes me feel so small.

He takes a deep breath and looks me in the eyes.

"I know you are really confused right now but I promise you we will talk about this tonight and i will explain every single thing. Ok?" Ace says with a tone that is practically begging me to say ok.

I sigh and lean in for a hug.

"Ok,ok. One problem at a time. Let's go find my brothers and tonight, we will have a long chat mister." I say and hold his hand as I continue walking.

"Yes maam. Also, you might wanna take a left here." He instructs and i follow.

A few turns and one tripping on a stair later, we make it to a room that has three guards in front of its closed doors.

The guards nod at us but one of them takes a questioning gaze at Ace while he turns to open the door.

"Sir, are you sure the lady should see this?" The guard asks with so much hesitation .

I look up at Ace and he just squeezes my hand tightly as he just stares at the door.

"Yes, it's time for her to know what she is a part of."

They guard nods and slowly opens the big door for us .

We get in and the door is immediately closed behind us.

My eyes search the room and they land on My brothers in a corner of the room.

I take a second look at the room and i just wish I hadn't. The dark colored walls are filled with tools that I believe are used for torturing. There is dried blood on the concrete floor and some wooden chairs are scattered around the room.

This is where they torture people.

I take a step back and bump into Ace.
He wraps his arms around my stomach and leans down to my ear.

"It's ok, don't think too much about it baby. I know it's scary but this is what mafia is about."
He whispers into my ear . I take some deep breaths to calm down and nod my head , slowly taking everything in.

My brothers are surrounding a person that seems to be tied to a chair . Alex has a knife pressed to the person's neck . I can't hear what he is saying.

Nick is the first to notice us . A surprised expression crosses his face . He taps Alex on the arm and him and Viktor notice us too. Alex pulls the knife away from the person's neck .

The guy turns his head a little bit and I immediately recognize his bloodied face .

It's Igor! His face has multiple scratches and he has a black eye. It looks like he has been beaten up pretty well.

I gasp at the sight of his messy state .

"Yo-you ... did this to him?"I ask my brothers, keeping my eye on Igor's face .

Nobody bothers to answer. I take hesitant steps forward until I'm standing right in front of my twin.

"Of course they did! They are so full of brotherly love... it's inspiring." Igor manages to say between coughs .

"Glad to know beating the shit out of you didn't take away your sense of humor ." I say as i give him a fake smile and a thumbs up .

A shocked expression crosses his face . I know he expected me to defend him and take his side but I won't let my emotions get the best of me .

I turn away from him and see my brothers looking surprised too.

"Oh come on! Don't look at me like that. We've gotta knock some sense into him. I need ideas on how we're gonna do it." I say with a demanding tone .

"Well... they are going to come for him,that's for sure so i think we should take him back to the states." Viktor says scratching the back of his neck .

Everyone else seems to agree as they just nod.
I start walking towards the door. The guys are just standing there which makes me sigh and turn back to face them .
"What are you waiting for then? We gotta get out of here fast."

***

Three hours later, we are all in a plane, heading back to America. Afanas and his girlfriend joined us and they're currently sitting in front of me and Ace , making out like their lives depends on it .

Josh and Viktor are working on their laptops and Alex is talking Nick's head off as he seems to be speaking about a deal or something.

Blake is just... being Blake and is doing nothing.

"Babe, can we talk?" I turn back to Ace .

"Yeah, sure. I'm listening."

"Well i was gonna tell you about why i disappeared."

He has my full attention at this.
I motion to him to continue.

"A few months ago, your dad called me into his office. He showed me some documents about a mafia family in Italy. They are called the Morreti fmaily and they had basically no relation to us . Or that's what we thought till a while ago. Turns out, there was a deal between your family and the Morretis . Years ago, they helped your grandfather rise to the top in America in exchange for something. I couldn't find out what that thing is but I think it's related to you and your twin. "

As Ace stops talking, I'm literally ready to jump out of the plane. Drama and trouble just love me too much don't they? They can't seem to stop following me.

"What do you mean? How can it be related to us?" I ask in a low tone, trying not to get the attention of the others as I look around and force a smile in Viktor's direction.

"I really don't know but I think the deal is one of the reasons your grandfather wanted to separate you and your twin so desperately."
Ace says into my ear .

i soak in the information and it actually makes sense. Before i can reply, Alex's voice gets my attention.

"Everyone,get some rest. We are probably not gonna be able to get a lot of that for a while. I'm afraid we've got something seriously dangerous ahead of us."