An eventful event

"What?how?who?wh-what is going on?" My twin asks, looking confused as he keeps staring at my face .
"I uhhh-you see-uhhh-we should talk about this somewhere else." I say trying to make the least noise possible. I don't want to attract attention to us because all someone need to do is look at us and they will definitely know that we're twins.

"What?no!why would i do that? Have you done plastic surgery or something so you could look like me?" He asks and i sigh."no I haven't. Let's go talk somewhere else."

But then, he's still not moving an inch.
He studies my face for some seconds and asks another question. " Are we doppelgängers? Did someone send you to fool me into believing we're related?"

Ughhhh. He asks too many questions. Just like myself.i smile internally at the thought of having this in common with my twin.

Oh right, my twin. I forgot he was here for a second."listen,we don't have much time. Let's go somewhere more private and i will explain,ok?" I say begging him with my eyes .

"No." He says so calmly that i wanna punch him until he can't open that mouth of his.
"No?" I ask.
"No." He says again and turns to walk away from me. I grab his ear and turn him back so he is facing me again.
"Ow ,ow ,ow . Stop that!" He whines but i choose to ignore it. He can live with that.
I pull his ear down so we're face to face as he's basically towering over me .
" I didn't come here all the way from America so you can say no to my face and walk off you narcissistic fuck. I am your sister and you need to listen to what i have to say or else i will tell our brothers that you tried to kill me and they will definitely kill you without remorse. They don't even know you exist and they will be so blinded by rage that they won't care we look the same so you better think twice before walking away from your sister. Got it?" I say with confidence and a determined look on my face.

Surprisingly, he doesn't look scared . He actually seems rather... amused.
" I don't think they will kill their brother." He says matter of factly.
"So you do accept the fact that we are siblings?" I ask already getting fed up with his stubbornness. Even if we weren't identical twins i swear just by his behaviors i would know he is our brother.

"Yeah, i mean now that i look at you, you look natural to me and you are too young for plastic surgery so i guess we really are siblings. But the real question is why were we separated?"
He asks tapping his foot on the floor.

"That, I'll tell you later. But for now, please don't tell anyone about this and try to stay away from me so nobody realizes that we are related. Got it? " i demand and he nods his head ."ok but, how am I supposed to contact you later on?"

I ask him for his phone and give him my number.
"Text me. Don't call." I say and he nods then quickly walks off.

I sigh in both happiness and sadness. I just found my twin, which is good,but at the same time I can't even talk to him properly because it's dangerous.

I turn to Helia, who's been standing there the whole time looking shocked . I smile grabbing her hand and drag her back into the ball room.

Before we reach our table, i see my brothers talking to Helia's boyfriend. They seem to be in a heated conversation so i fasten my steps , Helia following close behind.

We're basically a feet away when i hear something that makes me freeze.
" I don't want to have to kill you but tell that father of yours if he doesn't want to deal with his shit, then he will  have to pay by the life of his son and his girlfriend." Alex says pointing a finger into the boy's face.

I'm still holding Helia's hand and i can feel her stiffen .i have got to stop this.
Helia's boyfriend glares at my brother and replies with scoff.
"Don't ever threaten me with my girlfriend again. Only men that are not capable of fighting will threaten an innocent human."

I decide that it's a good time to jump in so i rush over to them and put a hand on Alex's arm.
"Alex , please." I beg with my eyes and his eyes seem to soften as he looks down at me .
He sighs and pulls me to his side.
" Tell your father what i said. I don't give second chances." I watch as Helia holds her boyfriends hand and starts to pull him in the opposite direction.

I smile at her and mouth" call me ."

She replies with a hushed "how?"

I just point to her bag and smile then i tug at Alex's arm and pull him away as well.
I might or might not have dropped a piece of paper that has my number written on it into her bag .
When we have gotten far away from them i start talking.
"Alex , please. That girl is innocent and you can't just threaten to kill them for what his father did." I try to reason with him and he just raises a brow.
"How do you know she's innocent?"

I shrug ." i just do".
He seems suspicious but decides to drop the subject .

" let's not ruin the mood."
Nicholai says and we nod in agreement.
As I'm about to ask my brothers if i can have a drink, someone clears their throat behind me.

I turn around to see a tall blonde guy with brown eyes . He has a sharp jawline and thick brows.He seems to be in his late twenties. His Russian accent is quite thick .

"Excuse me Mr Ivanov, may i have this dance with your sister?" He asks giving me a what's supposed to be a charming smile.
I just give him a fake smile . I mean, he is handsome but he's not Ace you know?
He kind of looks sinister.

Which reminds me , where the hell is Ace? I'm gonna have to ask my brothers later.
I'm about to decline the offer when my brother jumps in and ruins it for me.

"Of course." Alex says and i am left with no choice but to dance with him . I fake another smile and turn to him. He offers me his hand and i grab it, walking to the middle of the ball room.

We start dancing, with on of his hands around my waist and the other one holding my hand .
He breaks the silence. "If i had known that Natalia Ivanov has inherited the beauty of her mother, i would have searched for you sooner ." He says and i try to compose myself.
"How do you know my mother err-?"
"Leon ."
"Uhh yeah, how do you know my mother Leon?" I ask again and he leans down a bit.
" Oh she left an important thing for my family to look after . Now that my father has stepped down , i am in charge of that important matter."  He explains into my ear in a low tone, almost like he doesn't want anyone to hear.
I nod and take a deep breath. I think i know what he's talking about.
I just need to ask one question to make sure.
" what is your last name Leon?"

His grip around my waist tightens .

He leans down and whispers into my ear.

" It's Sidorov baby."