Chapter 10: Contradiction

[Marcus POV]

Skyler and his pair are now in the middle of their match. I looked around and saw other girl students cheering on prince, when I say cheering, I meant those high pitch you can consider as shriek instead of squeal. I want to forfeit already, those loud shriek hurts my head.

This prince can easily gather attention whatever he does. I mean, even his movements are clean and precise. Leaving no room for an opening, his opponent is struggling to defend himself. He can't even strike back to Skyler and just trying to protect himself.

The match ended and Skyler won, obviously. The next match would be between Rick and his pair, he waved at me before going to the field.

The match started and I looked at George chatting other people, laughing and doing ridiculous movements. While watching him, I suddenly felt a presence behind my back.

"Aren't you a little bit relaxed?"

"Of course, I am currently thinking what are things that you will do for me." I can recognize that voice even if I don't turn my head.

"Being conceited, I see"
"Because I will definitely win, Skyler" I said confidently.

Rick won his match and walked to our direction when he saw us. Skyler congratulated and praised him.

The instructor called Bert and his pair to field to start their match. The match is looks little hard but that guy, Bert managed to win so he will proceed to next round.

"Good job Bert!!", George cheered. Since when did this guy near me?

"The next match would be between Mr. Vermillion and his pair. Please proceed here"

"Good luck Marcus", Rick patted my shoulder.
"Stop being touchy with me" I removed his hands away.
"Be a little kinder with other people. You might end up getting a lot of enemies, you know?" Skyler butted in.

I smiled at Skyler, "Then I'll crush them until they realize that messing up with me is never a good idea"

The match started and I felt like this would be challenging. My opponent thrusted his foil but I managed to block it. He suddenly forward his left foot, lowering his stance to strike my target area.

I move my left shoulder and change my position to strike him back and I managed to hit his target area. Continuously thrusting my foil, I drove my pair to move backward and hit his target area again.

The time ended and the instructor declared me as a winner.

---

The second round ended without much problems. Skyler and Rick won against their opponents. This time my opponent would be that George's friend, Bert.

His moves are aggressive, he managed to land an attack on me so he had an upperhand. I need to beat him, if I can't beat him at strength then I must rely on my speed.

I blocked his attack, we continued to exchange our attack until Bert lost his footing. I grabbed that opportunity and landed an attack to his target area. Striking when we found an opening to each other, the time kept running as we gain points. Thankfully I managed to get 15 points first so I won.

"Why did you lose?~" George suddenly hugged Bert while crying with nose full of snot.

"Stop overreacting George" Bert slapped the back of his head. "It was a nice fight, Vermillion. You're good" he offered for a handshake.

"You are good opponent too. It was a nice fight indeed" I said while accepting his handshake.

"I'll avenge my bestfriend!~" George continued to hug his friend while leaving the area.

"George," Bert patted his head " You can't even win against me. Just try to enjoy the game."

--

Our third round proceeded after our small break. This time, the match will start with me and my opponent, George.

"George, remember the moves that I thought you" Bert began his lecture. "Yeah, I will" George assured him.

We went to the area then the instructor whistled.

The match started and we're trying to land our attack. Suddenly George glared and whispered, "Hey, Are you sniffing around me?"

Huh?

He managed to attack my target area and gained points.

I tried to keep my composure and attacked him back but he's good at defending himself.

He whispered again, "You're watching us ever since earlier, what's your deal?" He landed an attack on me once again. I can't even attack him back.

He sinisterly smiled, "That is no good, Vermillion~" landing his attack on me again, I stumbled so I supported my weight using my hand. The instructor then whistled.

"The winner of this match is Mr. Northcott"

George jumped in happiness while clapping.

Who is he?