Chapter 11: Last Round

[Third person POV]

Marcus felt like all his blood was drained. Thinking that death flashed through his eyes, he lost all his energy to move his body.

All of his classmates are having mixed reaction, but mostly of them are happy deep inside because Marcus tasted defeat. That person who treats them as dirt is now kneeling on the ground.

George was cheered on, defeating Marcus was no feat he was fast on his feet and managed to be on the 3rd round. Even Bert is gaping his mouth, how come George won when he was struggling to their practice earlier?
People are asking his techniques but George scratched his head saying, "I think because of my luck I managed to win" he laughed to his classmates.
They let out a disappointed voice which George sheepishly smiled and apologize for letting them down.

Skyler noticed that Marcus is not moving so he went immediately to the field to check on him.
"You" He tapped Marcus shoulder "Are you okay?"

Marcus nodded while staring into nothingness. He can't seem to find strength to stand up, Skyler looked at him and tugged his shoulder with a little force to help him stand up. He saw that Marcus had a bruise on his hand probably because he supported all the weight of body using only his hand. He pardon for a little moment to their instructor to guide Marcus to infirmary to clean his wound.

The instructor allowed him so Skyler held Marcus hand seeing that he was spacing out and they went towards the infirmary.

The walked in silence, Skyler felt that the atmosphere is a little heavy, struggling to muster up a single word he just gulped and stayed silent until they reached the place.

---

"My match against Rick is next" Skyler watched the nurse to clean Marcus' wound. He sighed as he watched Marcus not minding the pain of disinfectant pressing against his wound "I will go now. Just rest properly" but there is no response,

So he flicked Marcus' forehead and now Marcus snapped out of his thoughts, lifted his head to look at that standing Skyler beside him.

"You finally look at me" Skyler said with a serious tone. " I said I will go to the field right now to proceed the match, just rest."

"Fine, do whatever you want" Marcus move his hand, telling Skyler to leave already.

"You-- fine I get it" Skyler shook his head and went to the field.

The place is silent after Skyler left.

"The prince is kind, isn't it?" The nurse said with a soothing voice which suited the sound of wind chimes hanging above the window of infirmary.

"I'm with you" Marcus finally spoke. "His name matched with his personality but I think I can't accept that kindness right now"

"Why is it?" Nurse replied as she dressed the wound with a gauze.

"Messing up to your fate without securing your safety will lead to hell of a moment" Marcus stared at his hand while flexing his fingers, "I know since I experience it earlier."

"Then try challenging you fate again maybe you can win."

"I wonder about that", he stared at the window and watch the battle between Skyler and Rick.

---

The match between Skyler and Rick was intense. As expected of the two who won to their previous matches, they are worth watching. The exchange of blows put everyone at the edge of their sits. The match ended in Skyler's favor.

The two shake their hands and Rick suddenly blurted out, "I'll just entertain Marcus. Win the match later, I sensed something wrong between those two earlier. "Skyler was also in agreement.

Those two exchange a serious stare and nod before they went to do things they need to do.

--

"Marcus! Are you fine?" Rick asked with a cheerful voice thinking maybe it may help to lift his friend's spirit.

"It's just a graze, I won't die from this" Marcus spoke without looking at the door since he is watching the match between Skyler and George.

"Skyler is great right? I think he can fight all day and still win"

"I guess so. He is quite strong"

"I really thought that the final match will be between you. I guess he will win your deal"

"Not really, he may be strong but I'm smarter than him" Marcus said while pointing his temple "I will win that deal just watch"

Rick hearty laughed at that confident voice. "You look like you'll surely win"

"Because I am"

They heard the instructor whistled.

The winner was Skyler, a loud cheers resounds the field and the two opponent shake their hands.

Once again the prince saves the day