Extra 2: Prince Judgment

[Skyler POV]

I am the prince of this country that I'm proud of, Azure. My parents wanted me to become the future king that will be kind to his subjects and bare his fangs to people that will cause danger to my country and as their son, I want them to be proud of me so I studied and sacrificed a lot in order to be the prince that this country take pride of.

My life might what call a lackluster by some but I am contented since I knew my family loves me. I was homeschooled my entire childhood, the reason for this was to protect my well-being against those possible assassins. I can proudly say that there are no dull moments in my life; my parents guided me to what I am today and my older half-brother plays with me all the time. Even today, we always exchange letters since he pursued his education in the neighbor country, Raven.

I remember how elated I am that day when my parents allowed me to study to Ainsworth Academy– I can now meet new people, new memories.. or new friends. The king, my father, gave me an advice to be always kind and act when necessary

With their different advices and tips, I  am looking forward for my life in Ainsworth Academy; it was until I met someone that will the ultimate reason why I need to use the things I learned in law before.

A person named Marcus Isaac Vermillion caused many disturbances in our classroom but the worst was when he punched my classmate, Rick for a childish reason. I was taught never to hurt a person for selfish purposes. So whenever he planned to bully someone after that, I will end it immediately.

I want to ease up Rick's mood when he got bullied and he was really a kind person so it was easy to become his friend.

I don't want to accept this fact but because of this Marcus, I made a first friend here in Academy. As the prince of this country, I was always guarded by our knights and the people around me are either using me to have a connection to the royal family or avoiding me because they're afraid of getting me mad and having a royal enemy was the last thing that they would do.

This is the reason why I dreamt of having real friend that will look me as what I really am or letting me know if I did wrong instead of ignoring it and just plainly admire me.

One day, I was assigned as Marcus' seatmate, I had a mixed emotions— I'm angry because I'm near to this person but I'm glad since I saved everyone from dealing with his irrational personality. Ever since our seat was assigned, we didn't have single conversation.

He always criticize my classmates, reprimanding them from their academic performance to their social status. On that ground, my impression to him was that he's just a bastard who only knew bragging his status and condemn others. It was until we had an exam on Mathematics, he easily ace the exam while I got a mere passing grade. This is the first time that I experienced culture shock and how small my world is.

I excel on all my subjects when I was homeschooled but this person is great at everything. Even if I excel him in some subjects, we always have a close fight in top rank of all 1st year students. Most of the times, he came in first. This is just an idea of mine but I made him my rival without him knowing—

Requesting for any deal so I can win,  pulling an all-nighter everytime to study my subjects until my eyesight became a little blurry. If I continue my late night study, I might get prescripted eyeglasses.

It was also that day when he made an unusual behavior; He didn't bully anyone this time. and accepted the apology of Rick.

Something changed about him, he still reprimand others but he helped them sometimes back when almost all of my section failed the math quiz which never happened before. He's a little kinder now but that twisted personality was still there.

I want to help him. I believe that he was not just true to himself and still have kindness on his heart.

If I can be his friend then I can save him from those negative rumors.

Rick and I became one-sidedly friends with him and follow him wherever even if he shoots those kind of stares that we are troubling him.

As the time passed by, I can say that  Marcus is a sly and mischievous person. But as what others say that the pot calling the kettle black, I knew that I have my own flaws;

I lacked self-control on my emotion and this person really know how to annoy me. Seriously, maybe he have enemies because of this personality but somehow, I prefer that he treats me like this, unlike those people who buttering me up.

Moreover, he will make things in his favor just like our deal before. That deal really gets on my nerve though it was my initiative, and what pisses me off was that he was right:

"The prince must be careful before accepting deal."

Because of this, I learned that I need to think twice before deciding something. But what surprise me was his weird request, I was expecting for a more wicked request coming from him.

I have this kind of feeling that he was hiding something but I respect his personal space. Until he open up, I won't be intrusive.

Marcus, though being smart and a little sly, he was someone that you need to look out for – just like what happened when he lost to our classmate,George. His expression seemed like death came for his life, and Rick also noticed that something is wrong between those two.

My birthday will be in the next months and as a royalty, the nobles are required to attend. I hope that my celebration will help him to enjoy life.

I really hope for it, as he is my second friend here in Academy.