Chapter 21: Start

[Marcus POV]

I woke up with a light heart; I clenched my fist and punched the air.

I checked the calendar at my desk, Our summer break ends now since today will be entrance ceremony.

I want to pat myself in the back, since nothing went wrong after that celebration.

Freed knocked on the door," Young Master, your parents are at the dining room"

I nodded, "Then I'll be there after I wash up"

---

"My dear, have you slept well?" My mother asked me.

"Yes mother"

"I.. I can't believe that my son is now a sophomore."My father teared up a little.

Why is he crying?

"Indeed, honey. Our child is growing up well"

"I'll never forget the time when you still reject other people before"

My mother held my hand, "Dear, we are thankful that you made friends that will be at your side no matter what."

"That's right, son. Your mother and I had a short conversation with Prince and Rick. We are proud that you have a good eye for people."

..What's with this atmosphere?

Now that I think about it. I always secluded myself inside my room, looking for solutions by myself without seeking help from anyone. Since I am not originally from this world I thought that no one will notice that I'm hesitant to people.

It's always been like this so I thought it's fine. But right now, I have a loving parents that I didn't notice until today.

What shoud I do about them? Since they are talking like this, I don't think I can still contain these warm feelings.

I can't help but smile at their remarks.

"Awww you are really adorable when you smiled like that, dear!!~"

"Freed, contact the best painter in this country we will have to preserve this smile of my son!"

"I understand then I'll go immediately"

"Seriously! Stop exaggerating!"

My parents hugged me while giving kisses on my cheeks.
"I love it when you're shy about this~"
"We love you more than anything else in this world"

Oh my god. I'm going to be late if this goes on—

But I guess this might be fine for now..

---

Good thing I came on time!

The carriage dropped me at the school entrance. This is it. I straighten up my posture and walk towards the school gym.

I opened the room and looked around.  Now where are the sophomore seated at?

Rick waved at me so I went there. "Did the program started?" I inquire.

"No it isn't", Rick tapped the empty chair beside him so I get seated.

Rick shared his summer story when the school started the opening remarks.

Our principal went to the platform," Good day, Ainsworth students. Some of you already know me but I will introduce myself for our beloved freshmen. I am Layla Clark, the academy's principal"

She bowed at us. The wrinkles on her face only added kindness on her smile. She addressed the rules and regulations, and a brief history of the academy.