Chapter 12: The prince was fooled

[Marcus POV]

All of our classmates went home but the three of us remained outside the school.

"I won to our deal then my task for you will-"

"Skyler" I interrupt him. "Freed, may you repeat our deal?" I asked Freed beside me.

"Yes young master, you said that if Skyler beat half of your male classmates, then he will win" Freed fixed his glasses

"You heard him. Do you remember it?"

"Of course"

I smiled at his confirmation "Our class has 14 males, right? Then tell me. How many did you duel earlier?"

"What do you mean? I fought Rick, George, then.."  Skyler counted his enemies when he suddenly stopped, "HEY!"

"You fought only four of our classmates" I smiled, trying to avoid letting a single laugh. "Then did you win?"

"You cheated at me!!", He said with an accusing tone. It is not my fault that you fell in my trap

"I did not. If you noticed the flaw then our deal will be ceased immediately"

"I see" Rick rested his chin on his hand when understood the deal, " So that is why you're confident earlier. I'll use that it in the future"

"That's right" I said to Rick and faced Skyler again, "The prince must be careful before accepting deal. Puberty is the phase where your decision is mostly based on emotions, try to control it" I said to them with a serious voice.

Skyler pointed at me,"Why are you acting like you already know that?!" He huffed.

You are shouting too much you know?

"Don't worry. I am a man of my word," Skyler fixed his tie "Then, what is your request? As long as it is humane, I will do it."

I sighed. Skyler is kind but-

"This is just for my assurance" I said which caused him to raised his eyebrow.

I continued.

"Listen to the side of my story in the future before concluding something"

"Okay, I got it. The next one is?"

I blankly stared at him.

"..Is that it? I mean I expect something else"

""What are you expecting?"" Rick and I asked.

"No-nothing!" Skyler raised his voice.
"I-i get it I will listen to your story, okay?!" He seems a little flustered

"Go inside your carriage already!" He pushed Freed and I towards the carriage.

"Fine how about you guys?" I asked. "Our carriage will come later" Rick said "You can go first. See you tomorrow"

"Yeah, I'll get back to you tomorrow" Skyler grumbly said.

"Just give up, Skyler" I said as I ascend  to our carriage.

---
"Freed, I need you to investigate about someone"

"Who is it, young master"

"A girl named Sophia Erica Jones, that girl is a commoner so this will be difficult"

"That is no problem young master, I have connections for that. Why did you suddenly ask for her information? Did you fancy her?" Freed asked.

"Don't be ridiculous. I am just thinking about something"

"Is it connected to your wound earlier?" He said while looking at my hand with gauze. "I found thar Mr. Northcott distasteful, young master. What do you want to do to him?"

"Nothing. It's just an accident, don't mind it", this butler of mine is such a worrywart.

"But you are not the type of person who easily injured yourself like that and I heard that you knelt for a long time."

"Where did you hear that? From those two?", I narrowed my eyes at him but that didn't fazed him and maintained his composure.

"No, I told you young master I have my connections."

---

After taking a bath, I unfold the files of 1st year students in Academy.

This has been the second day since my reincarnation yet I already felt like I was gonna get killed.

The story of the novel will start next year when the heroine, Sophie, transfers to our school.

Since Ainsworth Academy nurture the people of this country, Azure, everyone are allowed to study here but commoners will take an exam first before studying here.

Sophie will be the first commoner that aced the entrance exam, given that she is a commoner and without proper education. She aced it that exam as well as the 1st year exam so she became a 2nd year student immediately.

As I remembered, Sophie was someone who fights for justice. So when she heard that Marcus will kill someone and other wicked crimes, she went to Skyler and both of them crafted a plan.

Since the main boss is someone who never let his guard down. Sophie never knew that he was the mastermind, she thought it was Marcus all along.

There are too much situation that will lead to my demise, so I wrote it on a piece of paper but I might waste hundreds of paper. I wanted a board to paste these papers so I can look all of it at once. If my memory serves right,the room beside me was a guest room right..

I stood up and went to other room at once.

--
Author's note: I really wanted to express my gratitude for reading my first work. Please let me know if there are grammatical errors or fragments. Thank you!!!!