Chapter 15: Protective Friends(?)

[Marcus POV]

Several months passed and thankfully I am still alive. It seems that an appropriate distance between my classmates helped a lot. No one bothers me and I did the same.

But something is wrong

Rick and Skyler are now following me no matter where I go. Do these people have any better things left to do except bothering me?

Not only them but George and Regine, George shooting deadly glares everytime whilst Regine follows me like the other two.

Some of my classmates asked Regine since her following me is out of ordinary.

"Hey Gin, did that Marcus bullied you?" Her friend whispered to her ear.

Girl, even if you whisper I can still hear that. These people really drives me crazy that I can somehow emphatise the original Marcus.

I mean, can they be more discreet in asking rude questions?

"Enough" Skyler butted in, "stop speculating about someone without enough evidence."

"But the prince knew what behavior Marcus shows to our class right?"

Is the prince protecting me?

"But he isn't acting like that, I assure you and even if he did, I will stop it right away. I do not condone bullying here in Academy"

....Or not. Tsk this person put my hopes up for nothing. 

When I looked at my side, Rick is now glaring at our classmate. Whatcha doin?!

"Hey you" I looked at the person whispering at Regine, "Can you be more careful before you spout nonsense? It's not like you dropped your little brain or something. Right?"

"I-its okay" Regine went in the middle of our classmate and I. "Marcus is not bullying me. I just wanted to be with him... As a friend" Regine said to her and holds her hand

"If you say so, Gin" she looked at me, "If you ever wronged my friend, I will not overlook it"

Wow, I'm at fault no matter what. If you're that concerned with Regine then put a leash on her then.

---
We are now eating at cafeteria.
Yes, these people are now talking about the lessons in front of me. Why are these people here? I thought these people will not bother me at my lunch, such a disrespectful act right in front of my rice.

"Marcus, our exam will be next week. Can you help us please? Be our math tutor again" Rick said with pleading eyes.

"No I don't feel teaching right now"

""Why?"" Rick and Regine said.

This Regine is now with us. Hey I thought you were with your friends?!

"Just because." I said as I eat my foods

"We need to do this, Marcus" Skyler said "Our classmates are thinking that  you are mean, let me help you to be friends with everyone" he holds my hand while looking at me with sparkling eyes

No thank you, stupid prince. Making friend is another task for me. I have too much problems to solve and that includes YOU.

I know that you really want to help other people but I don't feel making friends right now.

"Then I will be teaching Language and Arts. We will help you to clear your name"

Bitch what do you mean 'clear your name'?! Am I a criminal now?!

This is going nowhere. I don't think Skyler will back down from our argument.

"Fine since you won't take no as an answer" I said to him. I looked at both of my hands that was being clasped, "Can you remove your hands right now? I can't eat like this"

"O-oh o-okay okay" Skyler quickly removed his hands from me.

---
The day without a hitch but right now,  it is not a bright idea to laze around and at that moment, Freed knocked before opening my door. He went to me while holding several files.

"I apologize my tardiness, young master. Here are the files about Sophie Erica Jones" he handed me those files but he went silent afterwards

"Do you have any problems?" I asked him

"Where did you met this girl, young master? It seems that even though she is a commoner. There are questionable things on her life"

"Hooo" I knew it. My butler is too smart "what kind of thing is that?"

That she was the long lost daughter of a Baron?

"It seems that this Sophia is not biological daughter some commoner. I have a theory that some kind of incident that led her to be a commoner and I think that she is the long lost daughter of Baroness Lex"

I smirked at him. My butler hit the spot, she was stolen by one of Baroness' maid who cannot give birth and raised her as her own. A desperate move for that maid, I must say. If she can't even have a daughter on her own, she shouldn't steal other people's child.

"What are you trying to find, young master? Why must you ask for that person's background?"

"For future reference." I said while reading documents," I will do something else right now,Freed"

Freed bowed at me and went outside

I went to my information base which is the unused guest room next door.

As I read the files that was given to me. I felt the someone was watching me outside but when I checked the window, no one was there. Maybe I'm tired.

Unbeknownst to me, there was some twin tailed young lady on one of the tree branch trying not to let out a single snicker.