39:"Taffy"

Nashville. August 2018.

♣️ It always leads to you in my hometown.

How can I have a alone time with her? I want to talk to her. It's difficult to get near her when all her sisters and my parents around us. Did she still want to talk to me? Are we have things to talk about anyways? Any other left on us?

She never looked at me. She is so busy talking with somebody else. Maybe she never wants to talk to me. Maybe she doesn't want to be here.

She never talks to me since they arrived at my parent's house. We never spoke. We just shared gazed since yesterday. Like we using eyes to communicate. Did we?

We only communicate with our eyes. I'm looking at her when she's not looking at me. And vice verse. We never get to talk. We won't talk. Since last night. Being together in the same house like in old times make s me feels awkward.

That afternoon, we all agree to spend time after lunch playing Scrabble in the living room. Sitting around the coffee table. Chatting, laughing, and sharing stories. But still, I never talk directly with Karlie.

Of course, I will participate. Scrabble was my favorite board game ever. I like words so much.

We choose to play Scrabble after we finish our lunch. I skipped breakfast because I wake up at the afternoon when everyone already at the table for lunch. Don't blame me, I had terrible sleep in my own bedroom thinking all night how Karlie is sleeping on the same roof, in the same house, but in a different bed. I finally get sleep around dawn.

As a sit on the floor, arrange with the alphabet on the plate, I glance at Karlie. Why she still beautiful with a long neck, long blond hair passed her shoulder, her naked chest with that flower dress. She's still beautiful. Damn. I can't get my eyes off her. She glanced at me, our eyes met again. Damn. I run my eyes to the Scrabble board.

"How can I always draw unlucky alphabet?" Kimby said.

"Haha. That's because you're unlucky, Kimby" said Karian, Kimby's twin sister.

"Okay. My turns now. Hurm. What did I get? G.O.R.G.O.E.U.S." Taylor said while putting the words on the board.

"Damn, it's a long word. How many points for that?" Karian said.

"Ehm. How can we keep it with that? Tay, you did it again." said Kimby.

Taylor smiled. "I'm sorry guys, this is my superpower. So sorry but not sorry." Taylor laughed wrote the points she gets from that word.

Karlie smiled when Taylor said that. She knew we all never can challenge Taylor's level. Karlie is not playing. She just watching Kimby, Karian, Kristine, and Taylor playing scrabble.

She teams up with Kimby. She helps Kimby pick up the words from the boxes. She helps Kimby arrange the alphabet on her plate.

"I know, what we can make from this" Karlie whisper to Kimby.

Karlie pulls the words and arranges the words on the scrabble board.

"S.U.N.S.H.I.N.E" Karlie smile.

"Wow. Yeah. It's 113 points for that. I'm leading you Karian. Take that. How about that?" Kimby laughing excitedly placing her words on the board.

"Karl, it's not fair you helping Kimby. You're not playing." Karian pushed playfully on Karlie's shoulder.

"Bwerk. Don't be jealous, Karian." Kimby shows her tongue to Karian. Kimby smirked. She proud Karlie did help her. If not, she will be the last. Karian looks furious at Kimby and Karlie.