40: "Daylight"

Nashville. Midnight. August 24.

♣️ I only see you. Only you. The one and only for me.

Everyone is sleeping. Her house is silent. Taylor was sitting alone in her living room. She cannot sleep. She was playing the piano. It's almost 2 AM on the gold clock. Why her eyes still wide awake? Yes, her body is tired but her mind wide awake. Her mind keeps thinking about someone. She can't close her eyes when her mind busy remember someone's face.

Taylor is thinking about someone in her head right now. One person is in her head. She sipped the whiskey glass. She doesn't know how much glass she had tonight. That was her habit. When she can't sleep at night, she will stumble on the piano writing songs until dawn. Until sunrise.

She keeps remembering the conversation she had with Kristine beside the swimming pool that evening. Is it true Karlie is not happy with Joshua? Why did Kristine tell her that? Taylor doesn't dare to ask Karlie about her relationship with Joshua. She knows that Karlie is Josh's fiancée now. And she knows they will get married soon. This December. But why December? That month was her favorite month. Her birthday's month. She call December is Taylor Swift's month. Her fans knows that. But, Why Karlie want to get married on December? That's mean only 5 months from now.

Fuck! Taylor keeps drinking her whiskey.

She remembers the first time she saw Karlie at her concert two days ago at her concert. Karlie still looks beautiful with her casual fashion just Vintage Rock T-shirt and faded blue jeans. And her long blonde hair. She still remembers that she saw Karlie wore her Cartier necklace that she gave Karlie for her 25th birthday present. Taylor was smiling when she remembers it.

If she doesn't love me, why she wants to wear my necklace?

Don't be stupid, Taylor. She doesn't know that you gave that necklace for her birthday present. You never mention your name on the birthday card. So, she have no clue that was you.

Why does her heart keep pounding so fast right now? Like she has a butterfly in her stomach. Maybe she needs to stop drinking. Taylor staring at the fireplace. Taylor sipped her last gulp of whiskey. Empty glass. She put the glass on the piano. She turns back to her piano. She tries to write a song tonight because she knows she can never sleep tonight. Her finger playing the piano notes. In the middle of cold midnight, she feels lonely in her own house. Staying in the same house. On the same roof. With her ex-girlfriend. For almost 2 years, she and Karlie break up. The last time, she saw Karlie was at the Met Gala Ball event. When she was dating Tom at that time.

I will never get to see her again after this. Tonight was her last night on this house. I just wish Karlie never leave tomorrow. I hope she stay for one more day.

I miss her. I want to talk with her. But, my pride stops me. My ego burned me.

I hate her. I hate her because she acting like she never hurt me. Like nothing happen last two years. How's she so perfectly fine by breaking my heart? How she leave me alone in a cold rainstorm? I hate her because she never say sorry for leaving me alone in casually cruel way. She leave me confused and misery for months. Now, finally I got freedom to forget bout her. But now she show up at the right time and the right place in front of my eyes. Again after I feels like to move on with my life.

All mixed feelings she felt right now. She pours all of her heart on to the piano. She plays her grandmother's antics piano. Trying to find the perfect melody and lyrics at the same time. Hopefully her next masterpiece song.

Why she cannot stop thinking about Karlie?

The question that she keep linger in her head for a long time. The question that she cannot answer. Why?