Chapter 4

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I pull into the driveway of Mark's house. I feel one of those moms you see on TV, you know, the ones that that threaten to turn the car around and look so done with all the bullshit. They wouldn't stop fighting and annoying each other in the back. To make things worse, they know how to unbuckle themselves, so I had to keep stopping to rebuckle them. "Alright, lets go inside." I usher them to the front door, tearing Felix and Jack apart. I try the front door, and of course, it's locked. "Let's go around back." Mark suggests. "I don't want it to look like I'm breaking in." I hiss. "I don't think it'll look like that with five kids." Nate pipes up. "Fine." I grumble. I follow Mark to the gate, unlocking it, and closing it behind us. I see them all looking into the pool. "The waters sparkling." Ethan says, leaning forward. He start to fall, but I grab him before he goes in. "Alright, inside!" I order, holding Ethan on my hip. I slide open the back door, and we all go inside.

The place is trashed. "Umm, Mark, who else lives here?" He scratches his head. Before he can reply, two golden puppies and small girl rushes at us. The girl has a...shovel? She lowers it when she looks at Mark. "Mark?" "Amy!" He squeals, rushing up to hug her. She drops the shovel, and hugs him back. "Chica and Henry are kids too!" Amy exclaims. All the littles run up to the puppies and pet them with excitement. "Puppies!" While they are distracted, I look around for strange signs. They only thing I notice is that the mess is huge. "Amy, did you make all this mess?" I ask. She shakes her head. "No, I made it with the dog...and some friends." She answers. I tilt my head. "Friends? Did you let a stranger in here? You should know better then that." I scold, worried she let a robber or something in. "No! They turned into kids too. To be honest I didn't...." she stops herself. "Didn't what?" "It's a secret." She says defiantly. "Amy, you need to tell me." I say, crouching in front of her after setting Ethan down.

She crosses her arms, and looks away. "Fine, I'll go search the house. Nate's in charge." I decide since Nate seems to be deteriorating the slowest. They all become distracted by the puppies again, so I keep looking. I check the living room where the couch where Jack was is, but there's nothing that glows green. Confused I make my way further into the house. In the kitchen, there are a bunch of scratch marks in the floor and wood of the cabinets. I inspect closer, concluding that it's from a knife or pair of scissors. I shudder to think what happened because Amy is too short right now to reach this high. I go upstairs next.

Going into the hallway, I hear a thump in a nearby room. And yelling. I listen closely, trying not to make noise. "Dammit, Dark! Go to your side of the room!" A glitchy voice says. It almost sounds like Jack. But the other voice is darker. Scarier. It has a certain aura of death to it. "Don't tell me what to do, you green fuck." I realize who they are, and look into the room. I open the door with a slam, and they jump and look at me with wild eyes. "Oh shit..." I whisper, looking at the demon pair. "This is more then I bargained for."