Chapter 16

#blacklivesmatter

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I walk out of the room to the kitchen, finding Chase and Virgil taking care of the kids. "I'll admit, it's nice not being the only adult." I say to him. He smiles fondly at them. I can tell he likes having children to care for. "I'll bet. I'm sure we were all a handful. Especially with WIlford. He pretty much destroyed your friends house. You've got him a little more controlled though." He replies. I nod. Jack sees me, and calls me over. "(Y/n)! You're awake!" He shouts. I nod, walking over with a smile. It's a sad smile though, not that they notice. Don't forget our little deal. I hear. I ignore it. Amy is holding puppy Henry up, whild Mark has Chica. "Are you sharing breakfast with the puppies?" I laugh. Amy nods. "They belong at the table because....I said so?" She decides/questions. "Nice try, kiddo, but no. Dogs don't go at the table." She pouts, but doesn't let the puppy down. I decide to just let her have this one. "Why don't we go play outside?" I suggest. They nods, getting off the chairs, and rushing the backyard. "Is Marvin still working?" I ask Chase without looking at him. "Um yeah, I think, but not outside. Dark decided to try and help keep the others in line for some reason. The only loose cannon is Natemare who's outside." He responds. I look out the door to see him teaching them 'magic tricks'. "I'm surprised a lot of you are actually being helpful." I admit.

"I don't know if it's the spell or the fact that their kids, but I guess that best has been brought out." Virgil inputs. "Or maybe it's you that does that." He adds. I look down, smiling sadly. Because it'll all be over soon. "Maybe." I whisper. There is a knock at the door. "Aw shit! Stay out of sight, guys!" I instruct going to open it. I open it to reveal...Thomas Sanders? I had kinds forgot about that. Behind him are the other sides. I try to contain my smile at the sight of Patton, wanting very badly to hug him and fangirl because fuck it, he's adorable, but I contain myself. "Virgil's inside." I open the door wider to let them in. Patton squeals, rushing in. "My son, I was so worried!" I hear. I laugh. The other side go look for him, while Thomas stays by me for a moment. "I'm Thomas. Thank you for helping him." He says with a smile. I shake his hand. "(Y/n). It was honestly no problem. Besides there's a ton more anyways." He tilts his head. "Egos, youtubers, it's a thing." He looks more confused, so I explain the situation in more detail.

"Can we help in anyway?" I frown. "Not unless you know how to stop a powerful, magical being." I say. He doesn't say anything, so I smile, and change the subject. "You should probably go check on Virgil." He nods reluctantly, and follows the crowd. I look at the happily reunited group, then the kids outside, then Marvin and Anti working in the living room. I have to go, but I decide to do a few things first. I go back into my bedroom. Anti is no longer there. I write a quick note, hoping he will be the one to find it. I leave it on my bed then go outside to the kids. "Guys? Come here for a moment." Natemare let's them go over to me, and doesn't follow them. "What is it, (Y/n)?" Nate asks, looking frustrated to have been stopped from playing. "I-I just want to say that I'm glad I got to meet you guys. Even as kids. You're a big inspiration to me, and I wish we could have met on better terms." The all crowd around, and hug me. "We will still be friends after this." Ethan decides. I almost crack, but instead force a smile. "Right. I have to go right now." I tell them. "Where?" Felix asks. "Um, it's a secret. I'll tell you all about it later." They accept the answer, and I release them to go play.

I go back inside, finding Dark first. "Hey, I have to go out. I-I'll be back soon." I tell him. "Where are you going?" He asks suspiciously. "Um, I'll explain later." He grabs my arm as I walk past. "Don't touch me." I hiss, yanking it back. "Don't pull that shit on me. Where are you going?" "Just a hunch. Just keep an eye on things please. I'll explain later." I say again. He looks pissed, but don't argue further. Making me relived. I go into the kitchen to find Thomas and the others. "I'm so sorry to leave like this, but I have to go run an errand. You can stay here for as long as you'd like. I don't know when I'll be back." Thomas smiles. "It's no problem." He reassures. Having no control at this point, I hug Patton real quick. He hugs me back with enthusiasm. "Sorry, I just always wanted to do that." I admit. "It's no problem, kiddo!" He laughs. "Right, bye guys." I grab my keys, and leave.

Anti P.O.V.

I notice (Y/n) leave, and grow a tad bit concerned. She was acting weird. Marvin was looking tired, so I decide now is a good time for a break. "Marvin get some rest for now. We can try later." I say, still looking at the door. I see him nod from the corner of my eye. I go look out the door, but she's already gone. I teleport to her room to look for clue. I know she was acting strange, there has to be something. I notice a note on the bed. I pick it up.

Dear whoever finds this, hopefully Anti,

I'm sorry things are ending this way. I hope nobody got too attached to me. I found a way. Or I guess, I made a deal. Anti, you remember my panicked dream? Meteora was holding me hostage in my subconscious. She forced my hand, I'm sorry. This is what I meant. She's goin to turn them back to adults, but to do so, I become her prisoner. It's impossible for her to kill me, at least for now, but she wants my life to be as much hell as she can make it. I doubt I'll see any of you again. Goodbye. I'm really glad to have had you in my life if only for a little bit.

(Y/n)

I rush out of the room, clutching tightly to the paper. I find the kids as adults again. "Shit!" I growl. Marvin was poking at them while the others look on in confusion. "What? How? What does it mean?" I hear. I walk forward, shoving the note in front of me. "It means, we're too late." I growl in frustration.