Chapter 9

(Y/n) P.O.V.

They both look confused. "Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, Wait, what? You're...You're like us?" Anti screeches. I which him, but nod. "Don't tell the others. Not right now at least." Darks head is tilted. "But you're...perfectly normal." He states. I give a dry laugh. "I wasn't always. My character was meant to speak in only riddles. I learned how to speak normally when she broke away. We used to be as close as sisters, but then she became bitter and jealous, claiming the fans loved me more then her." They just look at each other. "Why were you so confused when we turned up then?" "I wasn't confused. I just didn't know what to do with more kids." I tell them. Before they can ask anymore questions, I stand. "I'm going to get everyone else out of the corner now." I leave the two egos in the kitchen.

Dark P.O.V.

As if this girl couldn't get anymore complicated. "Complicated or interesting." Anti shrugs. I clench my teeth. "I forgot about your little mind trick." "It's getting weaker, but it's still there." He shrugs. "If it's just a human, then what if we just kill Meteora?" I suggest. "No! If we kill her, we kill (Y/n) too. Just like if we killed either of our dumbasses." "So? Why do you care?" "Because she's helping us, she's like us, and she could be a good asset." "She isn't like us! She's...passive." "She is still helping us." Anti isn't looking at me, he's looking past the doorway where (Y/n) is making peace with the children. "Or maybe you just like her. Do you really think she'll want to see any of us again after this?" I smirk. Anti looks back at me, scowling. "No...there's just something about her. I can't explain it." He insists. "Sure. Anyways, new plan. We should try and contact the other egos. See if they're children, and if they can help."

"Aren't you worried about the others?" Anti asks quietly. "My, my, you have gone soft, haven't you? Caring for others." I taunt. "And you don't? They're family whether you like it or not. I'm just saying, we don't know if they're kids, or if they are, where they are, or even if they're not, what do they think happened to us. I would have thought you at least cared about Wilford." He snaps. Without knowing, he's struck a chord. Of course I....cared about them, but Wilford was a touchy subject. He's been my friend for a long time. No matter how mad he becomes, he will be my friend. Not that Anti needs to know that. "Shut up, you glitchy prick."

~~~~~

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I lay in my bed, unable to sleep. My head is wracked with possible solutions and plans that never get anywhere. It's almost four in the morning. I had explained to the little my discovery, although I let them believe that Meteora was the ego. After putting the littles to sleep, I just sat here. That is until my door opens. I turn my head towards the door, and see a little figure slip in the room. They come to the foot of my bed, only then can I see them clearly in the darkness. "Nate? Is something wrong?" I ask. I hear a sniff, and he nods. I sit up in bed, turning the lamp in my nightstand on. I see that his cheeks are tear stained. "Nate, what's wrong?" I ask in a concerned voice, lifting him into my lap. "I'm scared." He whimpers. "Scared? Of what?" He wipes his eyes. "Not to be rude or anything, but I don't wanna be here forever. I don't wanna grow up again. I just wanna be an adult. What if we can't fix this." I recall the other night with Ethan. They're all scared, and for good reason.

"Nate, no matter what, I'm going to help you guys. We're gonna fix this. I won't let you be stuck like this. We'll solve this." I reassure, rubbing circles on his back. "How are you so calm." He asks. I decide to be truthful. "I'm not. I'm scared and I'm freaking out too. One second I'm a fan with a busy life and the next I'm a single parent to adults and probably out of a job. But I have to believe that this can be solved. If not for your sake, then for mine." I tell him. "But in the mean time, we need to sleep. Do you want to stay here tonight?" I ask. He nods, clutching onto my arm. "Okay." I readjust us after I turn the light off again so that we can lay comfortably. We snuggles into my side like the adorable five year old her is right now. I watch him fall asleep, and hear his soft childlike snores. "I promise I'll solve this...no matter what."