Chapter 12

#blacklivesmatter

Trigger Warning: Panic Attack

(Y/n) P.O.V

I held Virgil on my hip as I stir the noodles in the boiling water. Virgil was very anxious around everyone, obviously, I keep him around me for the most part. I'm not bothered by it though because he is now my dark strange son. I hear a crash in the living room. "Stop it! I need concentration!" Marvin shouts. For the past few hours Marvin has been working the magic, Anti and Dark helping him to keep strength up in this child state. I set the spoon down, putting a lid on top, and rush out to the other room. "Guys, guys, please settle down. Marvin needs to focus." All the pairs of little eyes look at me. "The thing is, sweetheart, Wilford Warfstache does what he wants." We have a little stare off. "I have bubbles in the backyard." A near dozen cheers ring out as they all rush to the backyard except Marvin, Anti, Dark, and Virgil who's still in my arms. "Thank you (Y/n)." Marvin sighs, glowing green light emitting from his hands. "It's all good, take as much time as you need. Anti, Dark, play nice."

I go back to the kitchen to keep working on dinner. Virgil nuzzles into my side more. "Do you want to go play with bubble?" He shakes his head. It's silent for a few moments as I start heating up some sauce. "I want to go home." Virgil whispers. "I miss them." I hug him with my arm as best I can. "I know, Virgil. You will go home. No matter what, I'm getting you home." I reassure. "They don't know. What if they don't care? What if they aren't looking for me." "No, no, Virgil. I'm positive that they are looking for you. You can try and call Thomas if you can remember his number." He shakes his head. "It's all so fuzzy." I wipe a tear from his eye. "It's going to be okay." He goes quiet again, so I start working on the food again. "You're the ego, aren't you?" Startled, I drop my spoon. "W-What?" "You let them believe Meteora is the ego, but it's you, isn't it."

"How'd you figure it out?" I whisper. "I know that look in your eyes of being the copy. I may be in a kids body, but I'm still me. I see the contemplation in your eyes. You need a plan so desperately because if she goes, you go." I don't look at him, focusing my gaze on the boiling noodles. "You're right. Goddamn, you're right. But if that's how it has to go, then that's how it's going to be. I won't let all of you be stuck here for one person that barely exists." I tell him. "You do exist, (Y/n), just like I do. Or the other egos. We're real people too. We don't want you to get hurt." I smile at him. "It'll be okay, Virgil." He doesn't look so convinced, but goes with it. "Why don't you go try and talk to the others. They'll be friendly. Or, at least the dogs will be." He nods glumly, so I set him down so he can walk to the back yard. I stop cooking for a moment. To see Marvin looking calm and steady as he works now that the children are outside. Dark and Anti watch silently.

I can see Marvins closed eyes behind his cat mask. His hands are glowing green, and a circle of a multitude of colored lights flash in front of him. I'm too far away, but I see his lips move. I assume he's speaking some kind of spell or something. Anti and Dark stand on either side of Marvin, still as a statue. Their eyes glow all demon like. Antis lime green and Darks blood red. It's fascinating to say the least. Deciding to leave the food for a moment, I go out back to check in the others. Virgil sits in a corner with Henry in his lap, Ethan, Mark, and Amy play with Chica, Wilford runs around with bubbles with Natemare chasing him, and finally Nate, Jack, Felix, and Chase appear to be asking Google questions. The sounds of chatter and shouts makes me smile slightly. I'm going to miss this, despite it being crazy. Having others around, others who care. Kids are something I never really thought about, but this experience made me think about it more. I want more time to go out there, find love, have a family.

I'm about to go back inside, when a small hand grabs my wrist. I look down to see Natemare. His eyes are glowing a lavender purple, and he has a wicked smile on his face. "You can't stop me even if you try, bitch! You can't kill me and you know it. If you lock me up, I'll break free. If you hide, I'll find you. You can't get rid of me." I look at him with wide eyes and mouth agape. Natemare blinks, and his eyes are normal. He's no longer smiling. He tilts his head, and looks back at Wilford, who's still blowing bubbles. He looks at me with a confused expression. "When did I walk over here?" He asks. He looks at my fearful face. "What? What is it?" He asks. I snap my hand away, and back away slightly. "I-I, uh, I don't...." I stutter before whispering out. "Go play."

I rush back into the kitchen, about to hyperventilate. I heave over the sink, splashing water onto my face. "It's okay, it's okay, it's okay, it's okay..." I sink down on my knees, fully hyperventilating now. "Oh god she found me, she's gonna hurt them. She can't be stopped. Oh god, oh god, oh god..." I feel a hand on my back. But not one of a small child, one of an adult. I reach up to the counter, grabbing whatever I could as a weapon, and whirled around. My breathing is heavy and uncontrolled, yet t feels like no air is entering my body. With wild eyes I see an adult Virgil kneeling in front of me. Behind him the other egos are adults, yet the YouTubers are still little. "W-What, I-I..." I harsher breathe out. Virgil speaks calmly, lowing the utensil in my hand. "We will explain in a minute, but you're having a panic attack. Let's fix this first. Follow me, okay? In for four seconds-" "No, no, can't breathe. Can't breathe." I hold onto the utensils so tight my knuckles go white.

"Yes, yes you can. Just listen to me. You're too tense. Relax your body, and follow my breathing." Virgil instructs calmly. "In for four seconds...hold for seven...out for eight. In for four seconds...hold for seven..." Virgils leads me through the panic attack until my breathing regulates. "I-I'm okay now...thank you Virgil." I say quietly, shaking a little. The littles, looking teary, all rush over to me and hug me. "Oh! Thank you guys. I'm okay now, thanks to Virgil." I reassure. They move from me to Virgil. Shocked, he awkwardly hugs them back. I chuckle. Anti walk up, helping me stand. "You're okay?" He ask. I nod. I look at Marvin. "So it worked?" I look at the littles. "Besides on them." He scratches the back of his head. "Yeah, I'll work on that." He replies. "What set it off?" Virgil asks carefully, standing back up. The room is tense silence. I ignore them, going over the noodles, stirring them once more before turning off the stove. "Dinners ready. Make sure the littles eat." I tell them quietly before rushing to the bathroom, and locking the door. I need a game plan.

But you already no nothing will work anyways