Chapter 14

#blacklivesmatter

(Y/n) P.O.V.

I'm sitting in my room, on the edge of my bed, not sleeping, in the dark. I stare wide awake at the wall across for me. It's 4:30AM. In my sleep deprived state I laugh at my next thought,

Guys, it's 4AM and I just finished eating hot Cheetos and drinking Mountain Dew. I!! AM AN INSOMNIAC!!!

I must have laughed loudly because there's a knock at my door and a, "Shut up!" From Dark I believe. I open the door. "My house, my rules. Besides, you probably weren't feeling even asleep." I accuse. The dark (hehe) man rolls his eyes. "Why aren't you sleeping?" He asks. "You have a heart?" "I have business that needs you in optimal shape." "Right. I Do you really even care what's going on? I mean, you and your team are adults again. Why are you still here?" His eyes narrow into a glare. "Are you accusing me of not caring about the situation? Do you think that I'm some kind of soulless being? As much as I hate to admit it, we still are apart of Mark in some way, so forgive me if I don't express it like others, but I don't have certain passions for things." It's silent, his just staring at me while I look down in shame. "Like how you hate Anti?" I joke.

I expect to look up to an angry face, but instead I see a tiny smirk on his face. "Sure." I leave the door open, and go back to sitting in my bed. "So you established that you care, but about what? Revenge? Helping out of the goodness of you're heart?" I ask. "Mark's important for our survival. Can't have him be a child forever. I don't want it to effect..." he stops himself from saying what he wants, filling it with something else. "Me." "The others. You don't want it to effect the others." I finish for him. He goes silent for a moment as if thinking. "I suppose you're smarter then you look." "Dick." I scoff. I go to punch his shoulder, but he catches the fist with a smirk. "Why do you do that?" "Do what?" "You don't smile, just give the tiniest smirk. It's like you're afraid to show emotions."

"It's not who I was created to be." I huff out a laugh. "That's stupid. Don't fit into a mold. Look at me, Dark. I was created to speak in song for eternity and I defied my, if you will, 'destiny' to be who I wanted to be." He shakes his head. "There's a difference here. You had to adapt to live. Maybe the difference is I have others to rely on, but I'm comfortable as who I'm 'meant to be.' Maybe you'd have felt different if there were more of you." He suggests. "You're all going to be okay. I'll see to it." I tell him, not sure if he needs the reassurance or not. "I know you will. And that concerns me. You've been dropping hints that you might try to sacrifice yourself in getting rid of her. I think others hear it too, but choose to ignore it. Anti specifically. In all the time that I've known him, he's never been so attached to someone. I don't know what you two talk about in that bathroom, but there's a connection." I blush a little in the dark.

"We have a mutual understanding...you take the time to notice that stuff? Dare I say it, but you actually care for him in your own little way?" I tease. He scowls. "I have only hate towards that green bastard, it's a strategy to know the enemy." I pat his shoulder. "Sure." I hunch over, arms on my thighs. He looks down at me in my depleted state. "We want you to make it out of this too, you know. You spend a lot of time reassuring others, I've noticed it, but never share you're own concerns. About what you think you might have to do, if what might happen if it can't be fixed, about what will happen if it does, so if it helps at all, I believe in you." I look at him in surprise.

"Really?" "No, but I thought you might need to hear it." I laugh. "Right...Thanks Dark. Leave the pep talks to Anti though." He smirks. "Maybe. Get some sleep. Good evening, (Y/n)." He stops in the doorway, turning back to me. "I rather like who I am. Even if it's just who I was created to be. I just thought you should know that." He leaves, closing the door behind him. With the faintest smile on my face, I lay down, finally getting some sleep.