016. honey mustard

ミ★
"ohmygod, so you're like, a genius?"

It's been two weeks since Aubrey met the Vlog Squad. Ever since then her little group of girls have kinda merged into their bigger one into a really big group. She really wasn't complaining, they were all very entertaining and also very easy to ask to hang out.

Of course, Aubrey had to get back to work after couple of days, which resulted in a very pouty and whiny boss for Natalie and Taylor. Aubrey tries to drop by as much as she can but sometimes her schedule just won't allow it. It was different in London where she didn't have a really fixed schedule, she was able to talk to David really whenever she wanted to. In LA, she pretty much has to work from morning to night, since a lot of her humanitarian projects were based in LA and one of her dad's biggest lab was an hour away. Not to mention, her staff was just really happy that she was back so they're pretty much milking everything out of her. She didn't mind, since she loved her job, but it also made her have so little time for her friends, which truly upset her. Her coworkers were fun, but they it just wasn't the same.

It's gotten so bad that Madi and Dani have hung out with the vlog squad way more than she did over the past two weeks.

It was Wednesday that week when Aubrey found herself having nothing to do at work. Thankfully, her positions allow her to just not check into work so she didn't even bother going.

On the contrary, David have a really busy day ahead of him because he has 3 interviews and he already made plans to film something with a celebrity. Of course, Aubrey understood, and opted fo tag along with Carly, Erin, and Jason.

Jason has like a lunch meeting to go to so he needed someone to look after his kids and have lunch with them, which ended up being the three girls. This will be the first time Aubrey meet Charley and Wyatt, but from what she's heard from the gang, they were really nice kids so she wasn't really worried.

The girls met up with Jason at the Grove, since his meeting was going to be at a restaurant there.

They all exchanged hugs and Jason introduced the kids to Aubrey.

"Okay, kids, this is Aubrey, believe it or not, she's David's sort of girlfriend so be nice to her because if you piss her off, Daddy will be out of a job," Jason said half-jokingly.

"Hi guys, it's really nice to meet you," Aubrey beamed.

Wyatt and Charley shook her hand one by one, Charley even took the chance to whisper, "You're so pretty," to Aubrey's ear when she was leaning down.

"Aww, thank you Charley! You're the sweetest!"

As usual, the Aubrey charm kicked in, and the kids were quickly enamored by her. Seeing that his kids will be well taken care of, he gave Wyatt his credit card and left for his meeting.

And so Carly, Erin, and Aubrey along with the kids went on their merry way to the mall. They went to some shops for awhile, following wherever Wyatt and Charlie wanted to go. The older girls helped Charlie pick out clothes from stores and waited patiently for Wyatt when he needed to buy something. Aubrey did notice Wyatt's love for science and maths, which excited her because she could definitely talk to him about some really cool nerdy things.

After about 40 minutes of shopping, they finally made it to a restaurant to grab some lunch. That was when Wyatt finally felt comfortable enough to talk about his interest in science and what he had been reading recently. He was pretty surprised when he found out Aubrey understood everything he was saying and was even significantly smarter than he was. For once, he really felt comfortable with his dad's friends, finally being able to truly connect with someone and have a full conversation with them.