027. drastic measures

ミ★
"my name is robert hughes."

Jason, Natalie, David, and Aubrey were having lunch together on one of their free Saturdays when things got weird. It was already pretty odd when Aubrey showed up frazzled and late to the restaurant.

"Sorry guys, I slept in really late today and it completely messed me up," Aubrey apologized.

"Don't worry about it A, you're fine," Nat smiled at the girl. She knew one or two things about having one of those days.

"Yeah, I mean Jonah exists," Jason joked, which made the group laugh.

Aubrey kissed David in the cheek as a greeting and took the empty seat next to him. David automatically laid his arm on the back of her chair.

David and Aubrey haven't really told their friends about their newest relationship status, choosing to keep things under wraps. Going with their initial perspective, they decided that they wanted to have this piece of information to themselves for a while, it also really helps that this way none of their friends can accidentally say anything about their relationship on the internet. However, Aubrey did tell Madi and Dani just because she wouldn't be able to stay sane if she didn't and David was planning to tell Jason and Natalie during this lunch to make his life a little bit easier.

They were about to bring the topic up when Aubrey realized that her phone wasn't in her purse. "Oh no, oh no," the heiress mumbled whilst furiously rummaging through her purse.

"What's wrong, Bree?" David questioned her, concerned.

"My phone isn't here," Aubrey panicked.

"Did you leave it or did someone take it?" Jason calmly asked, not wanting to edge Aubrey on even more.

"Shit," the girl cursed, "I think I left it at my apartment, I'm such an idiot, oh my god."

"Bree, it's okay we'll just drop by your apartment after this," David reassured his girl.

"I know I'm just so not used to it I kinda have anxiety now. I didn't even take my family phone with me if my dad finds out he's going to lose it."

"It's going to be fine, A, we're not going to stay long anyways," Nat told her.

Aubrey nodded and calmed herself down.

Just her luck, the restaurant took forever to come with their orders. Halfway through their meal, things were starting to get shady. It started when two cars parked in front of the restaurant but no one actually came out of the cars and it just stayed there for a long time.

Aubrey and her friends were sitting outside too, so Aubrey could see what was happening instantly. She almost let out an audible groan because she knew exactly what was going on.

The minute they were all done with their meals, a well-built man in a suit came up to their table. He looked like he came straight out of a movie, with his earpiece and his emotionless expression.

When the friend group could feel him next to their table they all looked up at him.

"Cole?" Aubrey exclaimed in recognition, "What are you doing here?"

The rest of the gang of course looked very confused.

"Miss Hughes, I am under strict orders from your father to bring you to the San Francisco estate. He had tried to reach you since this morning but to no avail, so he asked me and my team to look for you, especially since you don't have your family phone with you," The man answered curtly.

"You have to be kidding me, all this just because I left my phone?" Aubrey asked incredulously, motioning to the three other men dressed in suits on the entrance of the restaurant.