055. adrenaline

ミ★
"THIS IS BANANAS!"

Aubrey and David walked to where Aubrey parked her car cautiously. They really could not take their chances. If anyone saw them together they would be done for.

"Wait, this is your car?" David asked in a shocked manner. The Aubrey Hughes is driving a Mercedes SUV? Unheard of.

"I have to stay low profile while I'm here. Besides, a Mercedes is already flashy enough here."

Getting to the car, the both of them were having mind wars inside their head, as if they couldn't believe what they were doing. David played on his phone and texted Natalie that he wasn't going to be joining his friends. His eyes were glued onto his phone screen for awhile, it was a way for him to ignore the suffocating awkward tension in the car. Something that never happened two years ago while he was still with Aubrey.

After about half an hour, David finally asked the million dollar question, "Wait, where are you taking me?"

Aubrey smirked, "You know how you loved skydiving in Hawaii?"

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

The next thing David knew, he was on top of a cliff.

"This area is called Uluwatu. It's really popular actually, there's a really well-known temple right down there and a lot of the more secluded beaches are here but we're here for paragliding," Aubrey explained.

"No way, we're going paragliding?"

The girl nodded vigorously in response, "Uh-huh."

"Yes, this is awesome!"

"Come on, I booked us the private VIP tickets so we don't have to wait with everyone else."

David giddily followed Aubrey out of the car with his bandana and sunglasses on. Aubrey was right to book the VIP tickets, people would go crazy if they realized who he was and who he's actually with. Paragliding was the best thing that they could possibly be doing. David knew that none of his friends would want to do something like this so it's really cool that he got the chance to. He thought he was going to die of boredom with his friends because all they wanted to do is check out the beach clubs and get drunk.

The boy stayed quiet when he saw how Aubrey treated the employees there with her Indonesian language and let her do her thing. She seemed to be really buddy buddy with all of them.

Sensing his confusion, Aubrey decided to explain, "I go here whenever I can. It's therapeutic for me."

David just nodded and followed the guy who was calling him to get his gears strapped on. Guess Aubrey wasn't kidding about the VIP part. He saw how many people were waiting outside and here they are, already getting their gears on and watching the safety video. Thankfully, the weather was perfect so they'll be able to experience it the best way possible.

After about a 15 minute briefing, they were finally escorted to the edge of the cliff they were going to jump out of. "Whooaa," David admired the view.

"Pretty, huh?"

"It is, yeah. So what's with your sudden love for these types of things? You were never this adventurous before."

Aubrey shrugged, "I don't know. I forced myself to do it the first time I went because I was on this thing where I was pushing myself to do new things and explore myself even further. But I guess paragliding just stuck to me because of how calming and beautiful it is up there, you'll see."

"So to define it in LA terms, it's like totally zen?" He mocked out the last two words. In his mind, he knew that he was totally mimicking his model friends but he'd never admit to it out loud.