048. kings only

ミ★
"your goofy youtuber boyfriend?"

"David, if you don't get to that fucking meeting I will literally hop on a plane and go to the longest fucking business trip I can have!" Aubrey snapped.

That was not a good week for Aubrey nor David. The content chaser was supposed to be in a party with a bunch of producers and executives in Hollywood but of course, he refused to go because a bunch of his model and DJ friends had invited him to a wild party in a house in Beverly Hills.

As always, David's team relied on Aubrey to get him where he's supposed to be. This had been happening a lot more recently as the boy felt more pressure to produce better content. A lot more people had been saying that his vlogs hadn't been hitting the same way and it brought him more panic that one could imagine because he was scared that he was starting to outgrow the vlogs.

Aubrey knowing him more than everyone, could see what was really happening to her boyfriend and felt for him because this was more than just about making money and fame for him. Vlogging was a part of him and growing out of it was scary. But since it hasn't happened yet, that boy needs to know that he still needs to show up to meetings and industry parties to ensure his future.

The thing was, he seemed to never get it and this cost him a lot of arguments with Aubrey. They can't seem to go through one day without arguing now because there's always somewhere he refused to be or something he hadn't done. And for some reason, no one can get him to do things the way Aubrey can. She had become his voice of reason and she was the only one he still listens to, even though it was extremely frustrating that sometimes she has to go out of her way to do this and disrupt her own schedule.

David was really at his breaking point. Nothing felt right in his life at the moment and everything felt very chaotic and disheveled. His vlogs weren't performing as great and he didn't know what was wrong. His relationship with his friends were the same as it always was but he didn't even know if it was still enough. And lastly, the love of his life seemed to have time for everyone but him. Heck, she even made time to do a collab with James Charles next week.

"Bree, you have to understand, I can't go! I have to get more shit for the next vlog."

"David! This party is important for you. Jack's supposed to introduce you to a couple of producers. This can open up a lot of doors for the future."

"Those connections are going to be fucking useless because no one's going to want me if my vlogs aren't up to par!" David snapped.

Immediately realizing that he just snapped at his girlfriend, David quickly started to apologize, "Bree, I'm sorry-"

"No, it's okay, I get it, you're stressed. Baby, is that what this is all about?"

"Yeah. I just, I don't know what to do," his voice cracked.

Aubrey's sigh could be heard on the phone. "I'm going with you to that party."

"But I thought you had that dinner with those donators-"

"You're more important," she cut him off, "I'll see you at the house at 7 okay?"

"Okay," David finally agreed, "I love you."

"I love you too, baby."

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

"Dave?" Aubrey called into her house with David. She had heard feminine voices with him from their room and thought that was weird.

"Oh hey," Madison Beer walked out from their room.