056. confrontations

ミ★
"is he yours?"

"Aubrey, where are we going?" David asked for the nth time that day. They've passed the car like 10 minutes ago, and now they were just walking down the road.

"Just trust me," She looked back slightly.

"Come on, we're just walking down an empty road, I thought we were going to get some food," He complained.

"We are getting food, Dave, and I promise it's bland flavorless white food that you'll like. I won't even try to get you to eat Indonesian food."

"There's literally no reason for you attack me like that and I still want to know where we're going." This was a side of David that Aubrey has never seen before, usually he just never cares where he's going as long as he has company.

"Can't you just go with the flow? Where's your sense of adventure?"

"I think it ran out when I decided to spend the day with my ex-girlfriend who I haven't seen in two years," The annoyed boy dryly said.

"Wow," Aubrey let out a light sigh, "Fine, we're going to this hillside restaurant that'll have a pretty view of the sunset. Are you happy now?"

"Yes, actually, thank you."

Aubrey didn't say anything in response, she just started walking a lot faster, putting in more distance between her and David.

David cursed underneath his breath, knowing that he kind of fucked up, and he didn't know why, but he felt bad.

True to Aubrey's words, it wasn't long until they reached the entrance of what looked like a beach club. It's located in what seemed to be the edge of a cliff, and even though it looked very grand and luxurious, not a lot of people were there.

Before Aubrey could pay for the entrance fee, David quickly went up to the front desk and took care of everything wordlessly. It was only fair since she paid for the whole paragliding trip and their breakfast which now feels like days ago. Both must cost a fortune.

Aubrey and David were both in their disguises, with David covering his face with the bandana and sunglasses and the girl sporting on a large beach hat. Although this place was not crowded, it was also occupied by mostly American and European tourists so it's probably best that they didn't take their chances.

Like a regular, Aubrey led David to another staircase that leads to a deck halfway down the cliff. There was almost no one there, perfect for the two. Taking the laid out daybeds on the corner, the ex lovers ordered their meals hastily, ordering way too much food but they were way to hangry to care.

"I'm sorry for ruining the surprise. I haven't done anything this spontaneous in awhile, it was kind of weird," David finally let out when they were settled.

Aubrey looked at him, "The David Dobrik is living life without spontaneity? Are you even David Dobrik?"

She obviously wanted to get a laugh out of him, but David didn't let out even a snicker. Instead, he just gave her a tight smile and looked the other way.

"Sometimes I wonder about that too," He mumbled, thinking Aubrey wouldn't be able to hear him but she did.

Aubrey wanted nothing more than to ask him what's wrong in his life, but she held back. She had no right to know what's bothering him anymore, she was practically a stranger to him then, and she was the one who made that choice.