045. mommy issues

ミ★
"Your mommy issues are showing."

It was the favorite time of the year, also known as Christmas. It was also David's first time spending the holiday away from his family. A pretty big leap in Aubrey and David's relationship but hey, they've been taking those a lot lately.

Aubrey and David decided to drive up to San Francisco in his Tesla because they wanted to spend a lot more time together. They haven't actually addressed it fully but there have been a strain in their relationship ever since David asked Aubrey to move in with him and she couldn't give him an answer.

It really wasn't exactly her fault. Moving in together is a really big step in a relationship and she's not even sure if her boyfriend actually knows what he's asking here. Sure he's a 24 year old with his own house and a million dollar company but he can also be a little bit immature for his age. Her thinking things through was really for the both of them since god knows David won't put a lot of thought into it. It's just not how he does things, he's the type to just jump in and deal with all the precautions as he goes.

Aubrey on the other hand, had to make sure that they can actually handle all the precautions and that their relationship won't crumble because of it.

For some reason unbeknownst to her, everyone in their lives seemed to be so certain that they're going to make it. Then why wasn't she?

She thought being home and getting advice from her family would help but it didn't. Why? Because they said the exact same thing everyone had told her.

Aubrey thought that it must be a sign. Maybe everyone was seeing something she didn't. Maybe David and her really did have that love everyone yearned for.

"Hello?? Earth to Aubrey??" Madi snapped Aubrey out of her trance by waving a hand in front of her face. Way too close for comfort, might she add.

"Yeah? Sorry, what was that?" The sister apologized.

Madi looked at her in concern. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, I just have a lot on my mind at the moment."

"Don't you always?" Her brother voiced out from behind them. The boys had gone outside to play basketball before this.

"Where's David?" Aubrey asked back.

"Wow, good to know you're very happy to see me, A."

"Shut up, I've lived with you for years, I'm sorry if your presence doesn't give me even an ounce of excitement."

The brother scoffed, coming by to ruffle her hair.

"Well, aren't you annoying?"

Just as Jack was about to tell Aubrey where her boyfriend was, David and Robert came in all sweaty and drenched.

"Hey baby," David greeted his girlfriend, giving her a peck.

"I will never get used to seeing that," Robert admitted.

Madi laughed, "Yeah, she's been mostly single all her life and the second she dates seriously it's literally the love of her life."

"It's so fucking unfair. I've been dating for years and no one has been interesting enough for more than a month," Jack complained.

David had a feeling so he started filming with his camera.

Robert, ever the truthful, let out a guffaw. "You say that as if you've been really looking for a girlfriend."

"I have!" Jack defended himself.

"Yeah, and that's why you've been looking for them at night clubs and parties where 90% of them are only interested in your net-worth," his father retorted.