040. fam bam

ミ★
"it's practically chicago!"

It was the day of their departure for Vernon Hills and David and Aubrey had yet to talk about what had occurred between them. Aubrey had been busy tying up some strings before the thanksgiving break and David was also filming as much as he could with his friends before he had to leave.

David kind of assumed that Aubrey wasn't coming with them because well, why would she when things aren't really great between them?

So instead of taking Aubrey's private jet, David, Natalie, and Corinna all flew together in first class.

"David, how bad was your fight with Aubrey that she cancelled going back to Vernon Hills with you?"

David winced at Corinna's question.

"Terrible. She did some things and I said some very hurtful words that I didn't even mean, it's all very clouded to be honest."

"Well, as long as you're not one of those assholes who calls her a snotty beverly hills princess, I'm sure you're going to be fine. God, I can't even fucking imagine if she had to hear that from you too."

David couldn't say anything after that, regret washing over his face.

"David, you fucking did not," Natalie said when she saw the regret that came over him.

Corinna's jaw dropped open in shock, "God, you're such an asshole!"

"Look, Dave, I don't know what she did to get you so angry, but calling her that like everyone else is a whole other level of fucked up," Nat told the silent guy.

"I know, Nat. Don't you think I'd fucking know by now?!"

"Shut up and just tell us what the fuck happened!" Corinna demanded.

David sighed, maybe telling his friends would be a good thing. Maybe they'll be able to give him some solid advice.

"So you know how Aubrey's been kinda MIA lately?"

The two girls nodded, "I've always thought that she was just busy. But turns out, she's been avoiding being in any of the vlogs. She even lied about being sick. She told me that she just changed her mind and that she realized that she didn't want to be in the spotlight anymore."

"Well, that reason's kind of..." Corinna trailed off, unsure of what adjective she should use that wouldn't be considered as bad-mouthing.

"It's a fucking ridiculous reason," David said for her, "I got so mad because for some goddamn reason I fucking believed that bullshit and that's why I snapped so hard at her."

The two girls remained silent for awhile, thinking of the right words to say. After a brief moment, Natalie decided to speak up, "David, I completely understand why you were upset but you can't just lash out to your partner when you're angry. It's not right to do that to the people you claim to love."

"I know, Nat. You know me, I'm not the type to get so angry. I don't even know why I lost it with her."

"For what it's worth, Dave, I've never met two people who are more perfect for each other than you and Aubrey. You guys are so great for each other and I'm sure that you guys will be able to get through this," Corinna assured her childhood friend.

"You think so?" All this talk about Aubrey was starting to make him tear up again.

"We know so, Dave," Nat smiled, patting him on the shoulder. She knew more than anyone that her bestfriend had always been a sensitive person. Fighting with Aubrey must've taken a huge toll on him.