047. grown ups

ミ★
"honey! i'm home."

It didn't take long for Aubrey and David to find a house. They decided that they didn't want a big one, which kind of gave Robert a mini heart attack but he got over it pretty quickly.

The house that they got was a modern farmhouse style house, it was only one story and had no view but it did have a gorgeous backyard. The couple figured they should probably pick a house that's going to be a bit more peaceful and zen than David's current house, as they are maturing and growing up when they take this new step in their lives.

Aubrey looked around at her new house. It was her first time being there alone.

The house was nice and it was very pretty. It fit what Aubrey and David needed then. Everyone had given them compliments on the house and how it was the perfect house for them, so Aubrey loved it. There was nothing wrong with the house, absolutely nothing.

It's perfect, she said to herself, I love this house, I'm sure.

Aubrey unpacked the last of her clothes into her closet. It was smaller than what she was used to but she's convinced herself that that's a good thing. No one needed that many clothes anyways.

Then she started thinking about all the things that she had to take care of now that she owns a house: groceries for two, pool maintenance, garden maintenance, cleaning the house, stocking up on supplies, laundry, and the dishes. She used to only think about things for herself, but now David's in the picture. Will he even help?

Granted, they'd probably hire someone to do it for them, but he's got to contribute into their house somehow. But hey, that's what comes with moving in, so she was almost
certain that her boyfriend will start to adapt to their new lifestyle soon.

"Honey, I'm home!" David announced, snapping Aubrey out of her little trance.

"Shit, that sounded so domestic," Aubrey laughed, kissing her boyfriend on the cheek.

"I know, I can't believe I get to say that now," David gushed excitedly.

"I feel so grown up," the girl expressed.

"Me too, it's been a long time since the Vernon Hills days."

"I'm proud of you," Aubrey grinned at him.

"I'm proud of you too," David responded, "I can't wait to see what the future holds for us."

The two kissed passionately, holding each other close. They did so with wild abandon, knowing that nothing and no one can disrupt them there. They officially have a sanctuary and place they can call home together, and what a life that was.

"Maybe we should christen a couple of rooms here," David wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Aubrey threw her head back in laughter, then shook her head at him, "Come here."

The heiress pulled him back to her, continuing their kiss and even letting it escalate to a lot more than just kissing.

So Aubrey and David take on their life together in the new year. They started off strong, living their lives during the day and coming back to each other at night. They seldom ever entertain their friends at the house, because it's very much filled with fancy furniture that's too expensive for drunk shenanigans, so they still hang out at the old house.

The new house was really only ever used for sleeping, and that's also getting pretty rare because Ilya moved to LA so David spends most of his nights with him playing video games or editing with Natalie. He'd get home after midnight almost every night and Aubrey can't do that with him. She always ends up sleeping by herself in that pretty big house and waking up in the middle of the night to her boyfriend coming back home.