03| Mystery Man

The beginning of this chapter is basically the last from Daniella's POV so you can get to know her character better.

***

Daniella had seen her fair share of hot guys, but none matched up to the man in front of her. This guy was stupidly handsome.

It wasn't only his good looks that drew Daniella in. No, it was his presence. He made the hair on the back of her neck stand up but in an oddly pleasant way.

He stood at the back of the lift, looking straight at her with his face seemingly void of any emotion. But nonetheless, she could feel his eyes pinned on her. Like he was dissecting her.

She would have thought he was God in the flesh if it wasn't for Romeo's vibe. He looked more like a devil. And he made her want to sin. One look at him and she knew he was bad news. Romeo might as well had been wearing a warning label.

He stood well above her, and his clothes did nothing to hide his physique. Strong arms were outlined through the jacket, and the black tee stretched across his tight torso.

God damn.

Romeo looked like a mystery. A mystery she wanted to explore. With her hands, mouth.

Finally, he spoke, "Let me help you with that."

His deep voice cut through the silence and she jumped. Daniella was usually quite confident, but Romeo had her feeling some type of way.

"Oh, um thank you!" Her reply came out jittery. Once again, good job Daniella. It really wasn't her fault. Romeo's presence stopped most people from thinking straight.

He stepped forward and into her personal space to pick up the heavy box. Was that a bruise on his jaw? Definitely someone she would stay away from. He was handsome and intimidating, the obvious edge to him made Daniella's blood run cold.

She stepped inside the elevator, her heart beating a little faster. Daniella quickly pressed her floor, swiped the access card and moved as far away from him as she could in the confined space.

Calm down Daniella, he's just helping you with a box, is not like he's standing there naked or something. That last thought had her mind running off into dark places.

Stop it!

The mystery man was still staring at her. Does he have a problem? Don't make eye contact. Don't make eye contact.

After what seemed like an eternity to her, but barely a few seconds to Romeo. The elevator doors slid open with a ding and Daniella practically ran out. Finally, she could breathe again.

Then he spoke again. "Looks like we're going in the same direction, can I carry this for you all the way?" His voice made Daniella feel hot all over.

"Oh, thank you so much. The storage room is just down the hall." Her reply had come out much more rushed than she anticipated. Daniella prided herself on being a well-composed and put-together person. This was not how she would behave in front of anyone else. She took the lead and made her way down the empty hall. The only sound was coming from them. Daniella could still feel his green eyes on her back. She suddenly felt self-aware of every movement.

"So, do you volunteer here?"

How did he know? Oh, her name tag. She turned around for a brief second and surprise, surprise, he was still looking right at her.

"Yeah, I'm taking a history and archeology course as an elective. My professor pulled some strings and let me and a few other students work on a new exhibit, as a learning experience." She reached the door and fumbled with the keys.