12 | Fear

Hi! I'm glad to see some new readers. :)

Just to let you guys know-  half of this book has already been written on my old account I'm currently just editing/ rewriting the first chapters before continuing.

That being said I've forgotten a lot of details and how the book is supposed to end so please bear with me. And if you notice my mistakes/ inconsistencies please point them out. Thank you. <3

***

Fear. An unpleasant emotion is caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain.

Romeo has seen fear many, many times. He's seen it in the way hands shake and voices tremble. He's seen it when grown men get on their knees and plead for their lives. He's seen it in so many eyes he's lost count.

The unmistakable glint in someone's eyes sends chills of excitement through his body. It was like a game of predator and prey, except he was always the lion, and everyone knew what the outcome would be.

The same familiar glint was in the eyes of the man before him. Zack Franchi, the man who had tailed and then attacked him on his first night back from Boston.

Romeo was back in the warehouse and he was in his zone. Right now he was doing what he does best. It's been a couple of days since he's seen Daniella. Regardless, they've been talking non-stop. Calls. Texting. Even FaceTime. Since their second 'date' they were constantly communicating via phone. If they weren't on the phone they were together in-person, meeting for a quick movie or makeout session.

Romeo felt comfortable enough to reveal a few more things about himself. He decided he was going to ease her into the details of his life. She knew he had a police record. What he didn't tell her was that he was trialled as an adult when he was 16 for a battery charge. Romeo would have been in prison for a year if Leo hadn't helped him out.

She also knew about his occasional drug use. Recreational marijuana. He didn't disclose his experience with pills, shrooms, Xanax and a whole list of drugs he liked to enjoy.

Daniella wasn't pressuring him and he was grateful. She had shown him sympathy when he told her about his deadbeat father. She didn't freak out when he told her about his record. Maybe he wouldn't have to explain more. They could go on the way they were.

The lighting in the underground cellar was dim and the ceiling light kept flickering. The yellow light gave Romeos face a dangerous glow on one side, and left a shadow on the other side. The room was tiny and everyone but Romeo felt somewhat suffocated. Well, there were only two other people there. Zack and Xavier. Zack was scared because Romeo's anger was directed towards him. Xavier felt uneasy because Romeo was just plain scary at the moment.

Zack was tied down to a chair against a wall. His hands were bound and so were his feet. He was stark naked because he accidentally pissed himself four hours ago.

His entire body was covered in blood, bruises, and cuts. Romeo had gotten tired of beating his done in so he had resorted to other means of torture. His pinky was on the floor next to his fingernails and three of his teeth. As much as he hated to admit it, Daniella was becoming a big distraction. Before he met her Romeo would have any assignment completed in a few days, a week at the most. It's been almost three weeks since his meeting with Gerard and he still had zero leads. Zack Franchi has been in this warehouse for almost three days now and Romeo has gotten nowhere with him because he's been too busy with Daniella. Usually, it takes him 12 hours to make a man crack.