13 | Gelato Kisses

Sorry for the late update- I've been busy with some school deadlines. Online classes are somehow worse than actually going to school

***

Romeo walked through the campus trying his best to blend in. Everywhere, normal kids living their normal lives, doing normal things. Like worrying over exams, talking about upcoming frat parties, gossiping about who hooked up with who. The weather was agreeable and the varsity football team was out practicing for city finals. It was hard to believe some of these kids were the same age as him.

The warm sun hit his skin and bounced off his ray bands. He had parked further away and was walking to the business building where Daniella's class ends in two minutes.

He tried his best not to glare and look intimidating. He schooled his expression into something somewhat friendly. Being here, at campus made him uneasy. This wasn't his turf, this wasn't a place where he belongs. But he can adapt to his environments when required.

He didn't have time to go home and change after taking care of Zack Franci's body so he borrowed a change of clothes from Xavier. Romeo was dressed in a tight white t-shirt with a black flannel and dark jeans. Although it's not his usual style, he looked sexy and he knew it. But him as a college student? Laughable.

The thought of sitting in a lecture made him want to blast his brains out. Although he had nothing against education, high school had pushed him into hating school in general.

Sit up straight in perfectly organized rows, raise your hand before speaking, ask before going to take a piss. Most of the teachers in his inner-city school were all sad and pathetic, none of them saw past his delinquent behaviour to see a kid who was desperately crying for help. Most of the kids in his grade were immature and it cunts- much below his advanced and early developed brain. The things he learned didn't help him at all beyond a test. Well, that's probably because the school system isn't programmed to teach mobsters. If a subject interests him, he'd rather teach himself.

He walked through the main doors of the business building. Once inside, he scanned the room out of habit before taking off his shades and lifting his head high. You never know where your enemies may be lurking. He checked the information desk and found out what auditorium Daniella's class was in. 301.

Peeking a look at his watch, he spotted the stairwell and made his way over. He jogged to the third floor dodging students who were sitting on the steps. When he found the room he was looking for, he leaned against a wall watching the stream of students who just began to rush out.

He looked at the students waiting for Daniella tapping his foot impatiently. When she did come out, Romeo wasn't too happy with who she came out with. It was the same tall dark-skinned man that was with her at the gallery. They were looking at each other, talking and Daniella was smiling. He could be labelled as attractive. Tall, nice build, strong jaw, and light eyes.

Romeo knew they were friends but it still didn't sit well with him. It wasn't that he was a guy, of course, she was allowed to have male friends. But it was what type of guy he was. A nice decent guy who probably shared the same morals as her and had a lot going for him. He was from her world. He wouldn't have to lie about who he is. The guy who was laughing with Daniella had something he didn't and that made Romeo feel...Insecure?

He brushed his insecurity away when Daniella saw him and smiled even wider. It was obvious to anyone and everyone that Daniella was smitten by Romeo. And her friend? If the way he looked at her was anything to go by, he was friend-zoned. Sucks to be him.

She said something to her friend and left him behind. As usual, she looked beautiful. Hair loose, tumbling around her shoulders. White knit sweater, and dark jeans.