15 | Realizations

***

Just as she was about to doze off again, two strong arms shook her shoulders gently. "Good morning, Amore." Romeo's husky voice in the morning was incredibly hot. It made goosebumps appear on her skin and she only pulled her self-closer into his body and yawned.

He had been awake for some time now. Once again, being a creep. Just watching Daniella sleep, her warm body on his bare chest. Feeling her deep breaths on his skin, her hair ticking him every time she moved.

The image of her on the kitchen counter wouldn't leave his mind, every waking moment he was thinking about her. Romeo was pretty sure he even dreamed about her face.

It was undoubtedly one of the best moments of his life. But because Romeo has been turning off his emotions since he was little, it's hard for him to display them at a given time. He knew his cold demeanor wasn't exactly clear to read. Sex was a way of showing Daniella how deeply he felt for her when words failed him.

His phone had gone off about an hour ago and ruined the peaceful atmosphere. It took everything in him to leave her sleeping body so he could go to the kitchen and answer it. It was Xavier, ruining his sleep again. But as expected, he had some information for him. He wasn't stupid enough to wake him up for no reason. Apparently, Gerard was in the city. Xavier found out that Luca left an hour after the boss, or better known as the consigliere arrived.

(Mafia boss.)

He wanted to see Romeo as soon as possible, which was today. With hushed tones, the two mobsters discussed the meeting plans while Romeo kept an eye on the bedroom door. His keen eyes watched her through the half closed door. Thankfully she was a deep sleeper and didn't wake up.

They arranged a time, 3:30 pm. Xavier would confirm the time and place with Gerard. This means Romeo still had a little more than two hours to spend with Daniella. Not including the time, it would take to get home, get dressed up and prepare for the meeting.

He ended the call and had gone right back to bed, although sleep didn't come as easily to him as it had to Daniella. The reason why Gerard called him to a meeting was obvious, he was about to be reprimanded. Like a child getting a slap on the wrist, Romeo was going to be scolded by Gerard.

How long has it been since he was assigned his latest job? A month? Almost two? And still no leads. The only snippets of information he had uncovered were proof that the children existed, not how to find them. Most of it was Xavier's work anyways.

Romeo always had a plan, a man with a plan can reach far places. This time his plan had failed him, he had nothing to report to Gerard. He huffed at his own thoughts, like hell he had to answer to anyone. His days of bending the knee were over. Gerard needed him more than Romeo needed him, but that was only if he could do his fucking job on time.

Instead of panicking he simply joined Daniella in bed again. Even in her sleep, she curled into his body, latching onto his natural heat. Her cold hands made him shiver yet he only held on tighter.

In the Mafia, Romeo was famous for his quick and diligent work. Hence his title as a 'hit man' of sorts. This was the first job he wasn't fully committed to, he well knew why. Because Daniella had moved herself to the top of his priorities list. Looking at her sleeping face, he wondered how an angel like her could produce any negative outcome when everything about her made him feel so good.

Dwelling on his thoughts, Romeo sighed. He didn't want to wake her up just yet but he also wanted to take her out for breakfast. His intent was to spoil her until she was drowning in his affection. Until he was the only one who mattered to her, he was selfish like that.