Chapter 30; But How?

Recap:

Shall we?" Kol offered his hand. I rolled my eyes and smiled "We shall" I took his hand and we made out way to the dance floor.

An arm on my waist, the other with my hand. While my hand goes on his shoulder. "You're just letting them spend time alone?" I asked carelessly. "Yes. I am" He simply answered. "But why?" I asked. "I enjoy your company, most" He whispered in my ear. It gave me shivers down my spine.

I fell for his trap once again

-------------- -------------- -----------

"Thank you for the dance" I told him and walked next to Caroline.

"You looked very cozy with him" Care teased wiggling her eyebrows. "Oh please! You're delusional!" I said with a glare. "He's dating someone. By someone I mean Jade!" I whisper-yell. "Yes. The one who cheated on him" Care said. I rolled my eyes. "I don't know what he can do when he finds out." I told her.

"Well. What does he normally do when he is upset?" She asked while taking a sip of wine. "I don't know, probably a killing-spree or go out of town" I said as I saw Jade and Elijah dancing sweetly. "I know this seems wrong, but I think Elijah and Jade look good together" Care said with a slight smile.

"Hm. Yeah, I guess so" I said as I excused myself to get some air. I saw Elijah making his way to me.

"Why are you outside?" He asked. "I needed air" I simply answered not looking at him. "Walk with me." He said. I nodded and took his hand.

We walked near a beautiful pond. "This is amazing" I told him with a bright smile. "Yes it is" He told me.

"Elijah. Are you sure nothing happened while Kol & I were gone?" I asked to see if he would tell me. "Everything was normal. I can assure you nothing happened" He said looking at me.

Well he didn't tell me. That broke me.

"You see Elijah, there is one I hate in life, that is when people LIE to me when I know the DAMN truth!" I yelled at him practically crying.

"You knew? But how?" He asked shocked knowing what I was talking about. "It doesn't matter! What matters is when I asked you, you LIED TO MY FACE!" I yelled again. "Please. Don't tell my brother" He said hold my hands to his chest.

"I not going to. But make sure you tell him before things get worse." I told him pulling away and I walked back to the mansion.

Seeing the party was over, I saw Matt and Rebekah going down the stairs.

"Hey!" I yelled making my way over to them. "Leaving already?" I asked pouting. "Yes. Don't give me that face" Bekah said chuckling. "Fine" I said and hugged her. "See you in a week. Where's Elijah?" She asked.

On cue Elijah appeared next to me and I rolled my eyes. "Goodbye, sister" Elijah said and hugged her.

"Nik! Come over here! Bekah and Matt are leaving for Italy now." I yelled as Nik sped downstairs. They said goodbyes. After that it was just Jade, Elijah, Nik, Caroline, Kol and Me in the living room.

There was a knock on the door. "I'll get it" I said standing up and making my way to the door. I opened to see Katherine. "Hey! Kat! What are you doing here?" I asked opening the door wider to let her in. I closed the door behind me.

"Just stopping by. Rebekah told me she was going to Italy with Matt, for a week. So I figured you need another shopping buddy aside from Caroline" She explained while we walked to the living room.

"Ah, Katerina. Nice of you to going us" Nik said. "Pleasure" Kat replied sitting next to Caroline. We stayed silent for about 10 minutes.

Until Kat spoke up.