5

Slowly my shock settled down and I smiled at him lightly and nodded whilst rubbing my arms.

"I'm okay. This place feels a bit pressuring that's all..." I replied, my voice getting smaller, scared of getting heard.

"There's no need to feel pressured. This curious bunch are just nosy, they don't mean any harm." He replied immediately, his piercing eyes watching me carefully.

"Ahaha... Yeah, but it still feels weird. I'll probably get used to it soon." Scratching my face lightly, I avoided eye contact with him.

Is this the feeling of... a shy maiden?!!? I totally cannot look at him... He's too hot!

I heard him exhale and this is voice was raised suddenly. "Oi you lots! When did you become so quiet for? Go and greet her if your so curious!"

"Eh?" I looked up and scanned my eyes around me to see that all eyes were actually focused on me and some people also stepped forwards.

"Ah, sorry, we thought that you might be uncomfortable if we all came at once. Bethany is a social bee so she was fine but we..." A female came up to me as she explained carefully.

"No, no. Thank you all. For being so considerate. But I would feel much better if we could be natural with each other." I said with my voice back to it's normal volume. "You guys have all known one another for a year now, or even more so if that's okay... Can I join in with this class?"

"Don't worry, not everyone was in the same class last year!" A girl called out.

"Yeah! I don't know this guy at all!" A boy with his arm around a person smirked.

"Oi, I knew you since elementary. Don't even try it." The boy's friend retorted as the class burst out into laughter.

A light atmosphere spread throughout the room as my shoulders relaxed slightly.

"Thank you." I smiled, looking towards Edmund. "I am Ariella."

"What is there to thank about?" He asked, tilting his head a little to match my height.

"Everyone talked to me because you made a move. Why shouldn't I be thankful?"

He thought for a bit and then smiled. "Well. It's nice to meet you Ariella, I am Edward."

I nodded back and then some classmates came to talk to me, making me laugh a bit to myself.

So here, he was called Edward...

After sinking into thoughts and talking with my new friends, a teacher walked in and clapped his hands, telling everyone to get to their seats whilst homeroom had started.

It was a simple introduction that went round and also a small briefing about the school year and daily structure.

After homeroom was mathematics, my capable subject and there was history after that but the classes went smoothly and wasn't as hard as I had presumed it was, maybe because it was just the first day.

For break and lunch, my classmates came up to me and introduced themselves to me personally and I settled down with Bethany's girl group but still got along with the others considerably well.

"Hey! Wanna hang out at the new ice cream store?" Amelia, Bethany's friend called out as she excited jumped up and down. "It looks really cute and apparently tastes really good. Let's hang out together!"

"Ah, I'm sorry. I told my brother that we would be going home together today." I smiled, politely rejecting her offer.

"Hmm? You have a younger brother here?" She asked curiously as a couple classmates' ears pricked up.

"Yeah. His name is Alfie. Do you know him?"

"Oh hoh? The famous, handsome, young master the year below us, Alfie Ignes?" She asked.

"Famous, handsome, young master?" I asked back, my face filled with shock.

"Ehehe. He's famous around here as a man that is greatly pursued after, just like our Edward!" Amelia giggled as I turned towards the man that was packing up his stationary and swinging his bag on his shoulder that sat right next to me.

"Why are you looking at me like that? She's just exaggerating. I'm not that highly sought after. It's your brother that is treated as the limited edition goods." He chuckled lightly. "See you tomorrow."

"Yeah..." I replied, looking at my hands weirdly. Alfie is actually that attractive? Well it did make sense because he is my little brother... No, no, no, we aren't blood related. But still dad must have a good eye for looks because of me right?

"Sis! What are you doing spacing out, come on, hurry up!" A familiar voice called from the door of the class as I looked up to see Alfie looking at me, his eyebrows raised.

"Hmm? I thought we were going to meet up at the entrance?" I asked dazedly.

"How long will I have to wait if you were to get lost?" He asked, turning his head to the side.

I smiled at him and quickly packed up my stuff, waved goodbye to my classmates and walked up to him. "Okay, let's go now Fifi." I said happily as I grabbed onto his arm.

"Sis." He looked at me seriously and grabbed my shoulders whilst I looked back at him and tilted my head confusedly. "Please. I let you call what ever you want to call me at home but in public call me Alfie. Repeat after me, Al. Fie. Okay?"

"Fifi will always be Fifi. I won't change it. Come on let's hurry home." I quickly shot him down as his face clouded over.

"Sis. You are the reason why I feel that my name is horrible." He sighed as we walked away.

Around us, some students laughed at our interaction and even said Fifi aloud, teasing Alfie until his ears were blood red.

Hmmm... My little brother is the cutest in the end...

Walking back home, it was peaceful and nice. The school was half an hour walking distance from home and we also lived closer to the suburbs, opposite to the direction of the city so it was much more clean and fresh.

My life, is slowly getting on the right tracks.