31

2 Years Later...

Yes... Two years later and not one... Over these two years I felt like I wanted to pull all my hair out of my scalp.

Concert after concert, truly I had made my way to fame, but that had only stopped me from going back.

My mentor, Mitchel Domino was also tired as he sighed the moment his bottom hit the car seat.

"This is the last one, right?" I asked impatiently. It was also this mentor that was my 'manager' booking concert halls left and right, organising all sorts events without my knowledge, prolonging my stay here.

Lately Edward is getting more and more grumpier! I have to go back quick before he changes his mind!

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry little princess I'm tried too! I've truly fulfilled my life goal. Don't worry I'll let you free after this concert."

Nodding, I looked out the window to see the bright grey sky that was clouded over long ago as the coldness of winter seeped my bones and had only started to warm up after sitting under the heater in the car for a moment.

Yes, the car. I had gotten over this feeling of sickness in the car at least as it had been the way that I had been travelling round for the past two years. But with other vehicles, there was still some trouble.

I hadn't regretted a moment of my experiences over here. No matter how tired I was, no matter how lonely I was, I knew that I had progressed.

I made a name for myself whilst studying and people came to enjoy my music. To that I was overwhelmed with joy, especially when I had my first concert.

Grabbing my phone, I called Queenie who had been living with me for the past two years and quickly told her to book flight tickets back before Mitchel changed his mind about letting me free.

All the things at home was long put into boxes ever since a year ago. In fact, a year and four months ago. I was planning to go straight home after my graduation at the academy but who knew that Mitchel had such a pleasant surprise for me.

Looking at the artistic man, I saw his eyebrows twitch as he listened in to my call to Queenie, giving me incredulous glances.

"Do you understand? The first ticket back next morning. Or even tonight. I'm ending my concert at 10pm. So any later than 11pm will do." I said quickly as Queenie's sweet laughter can be heard from the other side.

"Master and Young Master Alfie will be pleased to hear how eager you are to come home, Ari."

"Yes, so we must go home as quick as possible. Get dad to send people to bring those boxes back home too."

After getting confirmation, I sighed a breath of relief and leaned back on the car.

Reaching the site, I got off the car, my long wine red evening dress beautifully flowing. There was a long slit that showed my legs that have grown taller since two years ago and my hair that had flowed to my back, grown out long enough. A fluffy scarf draped on my arms as I turned to enter the hall.

My features have grown more mature, with rounder curves and my facial features have graduated from being cute into being more adult like.

Various backstage staff greeted me as I smiled and waved gently. They had always helped me around when there was a concert. They were half the reason why I have grown so quickly, provide wonderful stages for me to perform in.

Then I took a step forwards to the stage and began to perform under the dazzling lights, the thrill of the stage coming back to me.

I had always loved this feeling. The thunderous and overwhelming applause after stage. The joyous faces of the audience.

This was how I spread my love. Through music.

After the last note, I had gave a gracious bow and left the stage just like usual, but this time, I had left right away.

The homesickness that welled up within me. The desire to go back. It grew stronger and stronger with every second.

Queenie was waiting for me at the entrance as she waved her phone at me.

As instructed she really did book the closest flight as I saw her yearning to go back too.

Leaving everything to Mitchel and waving him goodbye, we left for the airport, getting ready to go home.

I really can't wait.

Pulling out my phone, I took a picture of the large aircraft beyond the window and posted it with a caption: Finally I'm on my way back... To see my family and my beloved.

🌸🌸🌸

The twenty hour flight was indeed horrible but being in first class gave me more room to relax. The stuffiness making me a bit lightheaded and sick so I closed my eyes to slowly drift off to sleep, anticipating the moment I go home.

🌸🌸🌸

Getting off to take a breath of the fresh breeze I felt a little dizzy still but it was bearable.

Queenie and I were led to the exit as we both only carried a small bag each. This was where we had originally lived so everything we needed was here.

I doubted that dad and Alfie can make it to pick us up as they of course still had work and in Alfie's case, college but still they had sent us a text that they have sent someone to pick us up and take us home.

At the gate, I saw rows of people waiting to collect their relatives and friends home and looked around for a familiar face but froze when I saw him.

Without hesitating, I broke out into a run and jumped on that familiar figure that had grown to be older, taller and more stunning.

His strong arms caught me easily as our lips met. The kiss that had been long overdue was delivered finally as we confessed our love without words.

Hugging me tightly he whispered in my ear.

"Welcome home."

"I'm back!"

END