13

Through the bustling city, the nine of us travelled around as we occasionally browsed through the shops, and I was even able to buy a decent sweater as a present for dad. I also found some nice tea and chess manuals for grandma and grandpa and I asked Ted to bring it home for them.

Along the way, Alfie kept close to me as he explained the surroundings properly, telling me about the norms of this society and what may seem deviant.

Like riding a horse on the street. That was a big fat no.

It was interesting to know new things. Although I had already woken up for half a year, I was mostly at home, and when we went out, the places where we could go was limited due to my motion sickness.

I thought that some things weren't common here but could be done in other cities, so Alfie had really cleared up some misunderstandings.

Thank god for that... Imagine how embarrassing it would be for me to suddenly act weird once we are out of this city.

We of course visited the dessert shop that I talked to Edward about and we had a satisfying afternoon tea there.

The group laughed at me at first when I wanted afternoon tea, saying that I was too 'posh'. They said that I should just say that I was hungry and wanted to snack on cakes like a pig...

Did I really look like a pig?

Seeing my confusion, Alfie knowingly patted my shoulder. "Don't worry sis, they aren't saying that you're a pig. They're just joking around and wish for you to be less reserved around them."

Understandingly I nodded and stuffed another bite of cake into my mouth happily.

"Woah, elder sis, you should really sign up to be in the commercial for this cake place. The way you eat it makes us think that there is gold inside." Markus laughed.

"Is it that good?" Bethany said as she reached over to steal a bite with her fork, trying it but no dramatic reaction came out. "It's normal?"

"How could that be? Cakes are truly a delicacy. I feel blessed to be able to have them now! What have I been missing out?" I smiled, holding my cheek as I lamented slightly.

"What? Have you never been allowed to eat them before? Why? Alfie seems to be just fine." Ricky asked with a slight intelligent gleam in his eyes.

A slight silence fell down as I didn't know what to say, even Alfie and Ted stiffened slightly.

"You're really a weird one, Ariella." An interested gaze drew on Ricky's face.

Is he catching onto something?

I bit my lip discreetly wondering what to say. I couldn't say that dad didn't want me having any because Alfie was able to eat them normally. I also couldn't say that I was sick or anything or else they would be curious to why I ate cakes without restraint in the first place.

I was too relaxed. It was just that I honestly never tasted such luxurious things in the dream... It wasn't only cakes, even common food I would marvel at, and I still haven't gotten rid of this habit.

Taking a deep breath, I put on a goofy smile and laughed a little, breaking the silence.

"I really am weird, huh? I get that a lot but I don't mind it because it's the truth. Actually everyone is weird because they're unique in their own way."

Everyone voiced out in agreement and the atmosphere became light again as they made jokes and ate peacefully but I knew that in their minds, there was a seed of curiosity, of doubt.

And I realised...

I still haven't trusted people enough.

🌸🌸🌸

After eating, we all went for a movie, which was a shocking experience for me, who was used to seeing theatres.

Even if I went to the cinema before I fell into the coma, becoming used to something was a scary thing. I couldn't revert back so easily.

Trying to hide my awe, I watched the movie with sparkles in my eyes despite all the gore and blood.

Well, that was kind of common on the other side so...

Apart from me, Bethany and Amelia clutched onto one another, Amelia squealing in excitement whilst Bethany wailing in fear. Ted was stiff throughout the movie, flinching occasionally but not letting out a sound.

On the other hand, Alfie, Edward, Ricky and Juno had no reaction. Markus was clinging onto his twin brother though...

Sometimes weird glances were given to me when I was laughing at a man being shot by a gun, but soon enough the people in the room got used to the innocent giggle amongst the ear-piercing screams.

Honestly, they felt that the single giggle was scarier than the movie itself...

When we got out, I was asked a very blunt question be Juno.

"Are you a psycho?"

Not recognising the word, I tilted my head a little and pulled at Ted, who jumped a little.

"He's asking you if you're a bit wrong in the head." He quickly translated as I looked at Juno horrified and came over to give him a 'heavy' punch.

"How mean! What do you mean, I'm very okay!" I said, jabbing him full of hatred.

"Then why were you laughing when people were getting hurt?" He asked curiously.

"Because they deserved it." I replied with a bright smile as the surrounding people felt a shiver down their spine. "It was a well served justice!" I continued as Juno backed away slightly.

"If I did something wrong, you will stab me?" Juno continued to probe, asking in a whisper.

"Hmm... In the movie, the person clearly was a murderer. That's already death penalty so it justifiable that he was stabbed." I revised seriously.

"Death penalty?! We don't have the sort of thing elder sis, don't try it!" Juno cried out.

"Ah..."

There was never a death penalty here? Shoot!

"You should really differentiate reality and the movie." Edward came over to grab my head. "Don't think of being a violent person."