15

After leaving the hospital, dad took me along with him to his office, worried that I'll be lonely in the house. Sliding reluctantly into the car that was waiting for us I fell asleep on dad's lap immediately to not suffer.

I seemed to have mastered the act of forcing myself to sleep just for situations like this.

By the time I woke up, I was already in the office's comfort room, taking a small corner of the bed.

With the smallest amount of effort, I swirled off the bed and stumbled towards the door leaving to the office, rubbing my eyes.

"Dad?" I called out, as the door opened widely as a couple eyes turned my way and I froze.

The company's directors and managers were gathered at the sofa as they turned at me.

Why were they not meant to have meetings in the conference room?

"Ariella!" Dad quickly got up and pulled me into the comfort room, closing the door behind him. "You've woken up? Are you feeling okay?" He asked me carefully.

"Dad, are you busy? Why are the people all gathered here? Roger told me that there's usually a room where you have meetings in."

"The conference room is being renovated right now so they are all in my office. Do you need anything? Hungry?"

"No. I think I'll study for a bit and go and collect Alfie from school later."

"Okay." He nodded as he pulled me back out of the room and cleared his desk, picking out some books from his bookcase and led my to the desk to sit down. "Use this, whilst I have this meeting. If it's too loud then listen to some music. The comfort room really needs a desk..."

I nodded obediently and flipped through the book quickly to land on a page and opened the notebook to begin to make notes.

"I'm okay, so you go and have your chat." I looked at dad and nodded towards the people that were looking on curiously as he pat my head lightly and turned to sit back down.

The managers and directors seemed to have talked a little more quietly as I read the book and made some small notes about the distinct and important parts, then going over to highlight the small points that would trigger my memory about the notes.

I was completely in study mode until there was some movement and I looked up to see the crowd preparing to leave and the clock was pointing at 12:30. It was probably lunch time.

Roger came in with two boxes just as I thought of it and I quickly packed away the books neatly as dad came over to join me for some lunch.

After lunch, I lazed about and studied a bit until Roger came to take me to school to pick up Alfie. He left once we reached the school to go back and help out with the company, making me feel a little bad for his hard work. He didn't really need to personally escort me...

The school was still quite silent and peaceful as I leaned against the gate that had just been opened my the receptionist lady who took a glance at me and nodded politely, seeming to remember me. I nodded back, then pulled out my phone to listen to some music and read some of the downloaded novels.

Students slowly began to pour our as some greeted me and I put away my phone just in case I missed Alfie.

What surprised me was the amount people that greeted me. I never knew that this much people knew me. Some were even underclassmen. Maybe they were greeting me because of Alfie...

After a while, a familiar squeal came to my ears as a heavy weight made me completely fall down.

Amelia was the culprit of my dea...

No, no, no...

Amelia had completely jumped on me and we had both completely fell down onto the hard pavement, slightly shocking the people around us.

"Why didn't you come todayyyy~" She whined as she began to rub her cheek on mine like a little cat.

Abruptly, I felt the heavy weight disappear as Ricky appeared, carrying Amelia like a sack of potatoes. Edward himself helped me up, picking me up lightly and placing me on my feet.

"Are you okay? We saw the disaster."

I nodded, still a little dazed.

"Sis!" Alfie quickly rushed over. He held onto my shoulders and looked me up and down and turned to snap at Amelia. "Don't do that again!"

I pat his shoulder as Amelia apologised.

"Was today okay? Did dad drop you off here?" Alfie asked worriedly.

"It was just the usual. I went to the company first and Roger just dropped me off." I explained to which he nodded.

He's always a little stiff whenever I visit the hospital, even if it isn't for my checkup. He's such a little worry wart but that shows that he cares and I love that part about him. I'm happy that in this world, I can actually get along with my brother.

After a small chat with the others, we split ways, depending on where our houses were at.

Thankfully my friends were not too nosy regarding of why I had the day off. Amelia was treading on the borderline, but she was cleverly stopped by Ricky.

The group that came my way was Edward, Alfie, Juno and Markus as we joked and messed around on our way home. Luckily the streets weren't crowded in our direction and the boys could mess about without a care of getting hurt.

I laughed softly whilst walking leisurely, watching the boys quietly, admiring the youthfulness and playfulness in their actions.

Edward was strolling quietly beside me and then my mood seemed to soar up and I couldn't rip the smile off my face.

This was really great... My life.