26

Somehow I really did fall asleep and once I was lightly shaken awake, I found myself at a fancy mansion. It a Victorian style house but it also had a modern feel to it.

Multicoloured lights lit the house up as various figures could be seen by the entrance, socialising.

Stepping out of the car, I looked around curiously.

Only needlessly expensive cars were parked around and the loud classical music rumbled, audible to outside the house.

The atmosphere was cheery and mature but despite its looks, it wasn't like a ball. It was more like a gathering of youths. Dancing was minimal and everyone was dressed in expensive and fashionable clothing.

Looking down at the puffy pastel dress, I nodded, satisfied with Edward's sense. It covered my thighs and there was layers of lightly coloured veils over the dress, creating a soft and light feel to it. There was a violet ribbon tied right underneath my chest which emphasised my bust whilst creating a cutesy look to it at the same time.

The violet bow straps lay comfortably on my shoulders as my hair was tied half-up, half-down with another violet ribbon. I looked very dream like.

The only thing I was a bit edgy with, was the heels. As I thought, they really were discomforting, but I insisted to wear them because I had to get used to them. If I kept running away from wearing heels, what would happen one day if I absolutely had to wear them?

Edward offered his arm as I took it and we walked inside. I made sure to examine every detail of this party. It seemed to be a modern gathering of heirs.

The interior of the house was very artistic with various famous painting hanging up on the walls, and I could see that the owner was an antique collector was various vases and clocks, displayed stylishly.

A formally dressed butler led us to a pair of double doors which he opened and led us in with a respectful bow, revealing the well decorated ball room with various people, holding tall wine flutes and conversing elegantly.

"Edward!" An excited female voice called out as the attention immediately turned towards us, I inched slightly behind the broad back of the man who was currently the focus of attention.

"Ariella." Two figures sped walked to us as I saw Alfie and Ted who came over and stopped before me, Alfie grabbing my arm. "You're here? Tell me immediately if you feel uncomfortable and we'll go home."

I nodded as Edward grabbed my other hand.

"Today, I am her partner." He smirked as he pulled me towards him.

"You better look after her properly." Alfie frowned with crossed arms after letting go of my arm. "Send her over to me if you are too caught up by your acquaintances. It's hard being a popular man."

Nodding, Edward led me into the wide room. "Let me introduce you to some useful connections."

The corner of my mouth twitched as I simply followed him around. Connections? Are they not your friends?

Catching the familiar figure by the corner of my eye, I squinted a little at the figure of Kaylie whispering to her group whilst glancing over at us but she quickly avoided her eyes when I looked over.

Before I could look at the people around her properly, I was pulled to a stop and was surrounded by some people.

🌸🌸🌸

Sitting by the side, I let out a sigh and relaxed my shoulders.

I really wanted to take off the heels that were scraping my feet, but looking around at the crowd, I knew that it wasn't an option.

Here, I was a public figure. I couldn't smear the family name with my actions here so I casually leaned on the wall to relax my stiff shoulders.

Edward finally let me rest after pulling me around to arm me with connections. He said that they will come into great use in the future.

His tall figure that had disappeared a moment ago reappeared as he held some ice packs.

I blinked a couple times out of confusion until he knelt down and I freaked out a little.

"What are you doing?! Get up Edward! The floor is dirty!" I said, planning to help him up until he grabbed my leg, making me freeze up.

His warm and large hand slid down my leg and grabbed hold of my feet, then taking off the heel to reveal my red foot that was bleeding a bit at my heel as well as on the skin by my toe.

Frowning, he put the ice pack around it, making it sting a bit, getting some plasters from his pocket to cover the bleeding skin.

"Why can't you voice out your pain? Does it only hurt now?" He asked harshly as he grabbed my other leg.

"It was bearable..."

"Someday, if you get hurt even worse and you can bear it, will you stay silent?!"

"Sorry."

Grabbing onto his face, I pressed my forefinger and middle finger between his furrowed brows trying to smoothen the crease until his expression eased and I realised what I was doing.

Shocked, I recoiled my hand back as quick as possible.

"I-I-I'm soooooo sorry!" I hurriedly said, stuttering slightly as I flailed my hands around.

Luckily, we were in a corner where not much people were paying attention to, or else I truly will die from embarrassment. Hiding my face with my hands, I felt the heat coming from my blush.

What did I just do?!?! Where did these guts come from?!

Not feeling any movement before me, nor any words, I felt that I really had done it and didn't know what to do at all.

Finally there was a small laugh.

Peeking though my fingers I saw the man that was still on his knees to reach my height, holding his mouth as he let out a laugh.

Hmm?