16

As we walked, Edward and I exchanged some words, keeping a comfortable conversation going until I stiffened at his words.

"Ricky keeps on saying that there's something weird about you." He started, looking ahead at the blue sky. "That dude's a playful person but his instincts are always crazily correct."

"..." Somehow I couldn't find the words to respond to him.

Honestly the fact that I had been in a coma was quite a disturbing fact to me. It made me realise how much I had hated life, totally contradictory to how I feel today.

And there was one more thing. If they knew... If my friends knew that I had been in such a situation, would they look at me differently?

My insecurities have been slowly fixed but there was still a layer of worry about people's opinions against me. I was always conscious about people thoughts about me and sometimes I would be overwhelmed with anxiety when I think back about my actions.

Various thoughts would swim around in my mind, like, 'would they think I'm weird?' 'Is what I did normal?' 'How do they think about my efforts?' 'Would they ever be talking about me behind my back?'

Ever since coming back to reality, I couldn't help but feel a little flustered and I began to worry much more about how others view me.

If... The fact that I was in such a miserable state were to get out?

Clenching my hands, I took a deep breath and my smile curved slightly downwards, anxiety filling my eyes.

Edward was the person that I had liked. He had this feeling of security and comfort around him that made me endlessly happy. He was a trustworthy person that didn't seem to care much about such sensitive things that I am thinking about. But...

Realistically thinking, I don't know if he has truly accepted me as a proper friend yet. I've only known him for so long, and he was the same. Did he feel how I feel? How would he react to hearing my story?

Every time I would think about such things, my confidence would shatter and it would take weeks to rebuilt the courage to tell everyone yet every time I am at the last step, it would shatter all over again.

As if seeing my discomfort, he stopped walking and held onto my wrists, peeling the clenched fists open to see the clawed marks from my nails that weren't too long, but it wasn't short at the same time.

"I won't force you to say anything." He said, slightly bending to meet my height and look at my eyes that were a bit misty. "Everyone has a bitter past, in any shape or form, big or small. Yours must be quite big, so you can let it go bit by bit and let the happy memories take over. I didn't mean anything by saying these things. I just wanted to let you know that we are looking at you. We'll be here, right beside you."

Letting out a rare smile, he pat my head lightly, like how he usually did, making a tear escape my eyes.

He sighed softly as he didn't move despite my bold action of hugging him.

Such a considerate person... No wonder I fell for such an amazing man.

Lightly peeling me off him, he brushed his thumb below my eyes, wiping the tears off my face.

"Just to let you know, you're ugly when you cry!" He spat out, making me pout and turn my head, furiously rubbing my face. Hearing his chuckle, I hit him on his arm to channel out my frustration as he didn't do anything but smile and pat my head like I was a child.

Clearly I did no damage...

A little grumpy, I began to walk ahead of him, speeding up a bit but it was futile to his long legs as I looked at them and found another reason to be angry at him unreasonably.

Huffing once again, I turned away from him as his helpless voice could be heard. "What did I do now?"

"When I get home, I have to be angry at dad! It's his fault that I'm so short!" I huffed.

"Hmm? Mr Ignes his taller than me."

"It's his fault for not choosing the right gene for me!"

He continued to laugh as I turned away and puffed my cheeks. It was really frustrating! I wanted to be tall too!

🌸🌸🌸

Some time later, we saw Alfie on his phone, sitting on the grass whilst he was waiting for us.

"Sis! Senior Edward! Why are you guys walking so slowly for?" He complained whilst getting up and dusting off the stray grass on him, before rejoining us. "I didn't even notice when the pair of you disappeared."

"It was your sister's short legs." Edward joked as I punched him again on his arm and he feigned pain.

Whilst we walked, Edward soon parted with us as he turned at another intersection but it was close to home already so I was satisfied with my walk home. Really this should happen everyday.

I would have a companion to chat leisurely with and I would also get closer to Edward! This was what people called killing two birds with a stone!

As we reached home, the gates automatically opened and we went through the long driveway before entering the cool house that was already air conditioned to create a comfortable temperature.

We both went to our rooms to get changed before rejoining at the living room where his curious eyes greeted me.

After speaking about the hospital trip and also about what the doctor had told me, he finally breathed out a sigh of relief. I suppose that the first couple months after waking up had scared him.

I wasn't in the best state but thank god it was over for now. Or so that was what I had thought.