Don't mind

I sat on my own little chair in the library, a bit detached from the reality as the boy in front of me continued to read quietly. I'm utterly confused about the way I'm acting towards him. Maybe because it's the first time that I've dealt with someone so... impressionable? 

"You're staring at me, Lexa-chan. Aren't you going to study as well?" He questioned.

"I am. It's just that I'm thinking of how you could be so carefree around me. It's not that I don't want you to be. This just... new," I said, propping my arms up on the table and positioning my head above it.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable. I'm just used to meeting people and being... me, I guess," he explained, closing the book he was holding a while ago before copying my position.

My eyebrows furrowed as I thought of something...

We're kind of the opposite of each other.

"No, it's fine. We're schoolmates, anyway."

"Do you dislike me? I can't blame you. I've been told that I can get pushy and forward at times. I can only apologize right after realizing it."

"No, I don't. I don't mind."

I kept on answering his questions in a calm and timid manner but I can't help but wonder why I'm not stuttering like the ones I've watched in the shows before. Satoshi Sawamura is slowly becoming someone who's required in my daily life. I don't know if I should be wary but as of the moment, I'm not.