Youth and Booths

Satoshi and I have gotten so much closer over the last few weeks. Mom and dad recognized him as the son of a Japanese businessman in this country. Remember the guy who approached me during the showcase? That was his dad. 

Maybe if I suddenly feel like I want to pursue my passion again, I'll contact his dad. My parents are already my manager but we're basically widening our connections by getting involved with other people. 

"You don't seem fazed about Sato-kun's presence nowadays," Levy spoke.

"Well, am I supposed to be?" I replied, checking my wallet to see if I really brought some cash with me or if I went out completely empty. 

Good thing, I do have some with me.

"I really thought you're going to have a crush on him though," Mika said.

"Me? A crush? Doesn't look good in a sentence and in real life."

Today is a weekend so the three of us decided to spend time at the mall. There's also this upcoming event at school where we can build our own booth or stall or just visit others'. Since Mika is a bit impulsive, she signed our names up for the event which means we'll be putting up our own stall.

"What kind of booth or stall are we planning to make anyway?" I asked.

"I don't know about Mika. Hey, aren't you the one who listed our names?" Levy said, pointing at Mika.

"M-me?! Well, yes! I don't have any idea though--"

"You're going to be the end of us all! Is there even a theme? I wasn't listening-- I was asleep the whole time," Levy ranted.

I laughed loudly at their antics and stayed silent for a while, watching them bicker at each other back and forth.

"No, I don't think they said anything about themes but I'm pretty sure everyone's going to think of Halloween since it's right around the corner," I said, pulling them away from each other.

"We could do something related to Halloween!" Mika proposed with her hands clasped together.

"Mika-- huff. Your brain isn't working properly today," Levy said, patting said girl's back as if to console her.

"That's mean," I said but laughed anyway.

__________

We ended up lounging in a store full of sweets.

"Can't we just go for something simple?" Levy said.

"I agree."

"Well, I heard that this is sort of related to additional grades so we have to give it our best shot!" 

Levy and I turned to look at Mika at the same time. 

"Grades?"

"Mhm."

Now, I'm a bit annoyed. First, she signed all of us up for the booth thingy without even planning for it first. Now that we're all here trying to think of an idea, she saved the most important thing for last. 

"Can't we just join Satoshi's booth or something? They're doing a photo booth and kind of need staff for that," Levy suggested.

"We can, but are you sure he'll let us?" I second motioned.

"He will. Don't worry. We can just go ask what else we can do to help them."

"That's great!"

We closed the discussion after that and went home.