Tiny crush

The event went by pretty quickly. Although we became friends with Satoshi's friends, Mika and I didn't get a lot of chance to communicate with them again since we're in different classes. So, it's back to Satoshi and me. I don't know why he always seems to have a lot of spare time. 

"Are you free right now?" Satoshi asked.

"Why?" I asked back.

"I want to take you somewhere."

I kept quiet the whole time we were walking to some place far from home. I agreed to let him take me since he's one of my friends already. I'm just kinda worried because it's almost nighttime. 

"Wooh, fresh air," I mumbled when a strong breeze hit me. 

"I know. So, this is my favorite place!" he exclaimed.

"Hey, you're being too loud, don't you think?"

"Not many people are around. Plus, it's an open field. You can be noisy here."

"Why'd you take me here? If my mom gets mad at me, I'm reporting you--hey!!!"

I was suddenly pulled along as he ran towards a big tree before sitting under it, making me do the same. For the past few days, I kept on thinking about starting a career here in Japan. I don't know.  I just feel like it's the right thing to do because it's what I love. I'm just worried that i might not be able to go to school normally once I start doing that. I'd have to shift my focus to my career for a while and become so busy.

There's a chance that I might not see Satoshi anymore.

I've told him about it earlier, not the whole part but I've mentioned my career to him. That might be the reason why he took me to this relaxing place. 

"You're becoming more open to me," he said.

"Well, we're friends? Am I not supposed to talk to you?"

"You're becoming sarcastic, too."

"You taught me how to be like this," I laughed and rolled my eyes at him.

I'm only like this when I'm with him. Truth be told, I have a tiny crush on him. He's so lucky to be the first person I've had a crush on. 

"I go here whenever I'm stressed out because of studies," he seriously told me.

"Alone? You shouldn't be going out on your own--"

"I have you with me now."

I was frozen for a few seconds. This guy really has a way with words. It's almost alarming. It makes me wonder if I'm the only one who hears these kinds of things from him. What if I'm not the only one? I'm not supposed to be selfish but even if it's a simple crush, it can still hurt a lot. 

"Toshi, you're changing the subject--"

"I didn't bring you here so you can reprimand me. I know what I'm doing, Kai. How about you? What will you do now that you're thinking of pursuing what you love in a different country?"

"I don't know."

"I think it's a good idea. You're smart. I'm sure you can handle studying and modeling at the same time. Besides, there's a thing called homeschooling, you know?"

I know, but that means I'm not going to see you as often.

"Thanks."

It became known to me that I'm also a coward. He made me realize that. Aside from running away from people who bring me down, I also tend to hide my feelings until I can't hold it in anymore. I wonder how long it will take until this small crush turns into something deeper. 

"If you're thinking about not being able to see me. You're being a nonsensical worrywart. I'm the son of your future manager. We'll still see each other."

My eyebrows knitted together as I came into a realization. He's right. Why did I forget about that information?

"Who told you that I'm thinking about you? You're such an assuming person."

"I said 'If', Lexa-chan. Why are you getting mad at me?"

Because you're right, handsome guy.