Chapter 4

Yuri's POV

"What's with him huh?" I said to myself. "He's not being his usual self."

Generally he would let me in and take care of him but today was really different. Is he angry with me? Did I do something wrong?

I continued thinking while going back to my apartment. Today was so much fun though. I got to talk to my long time crush,Taehyun. We got to know each other more. We exchanged phone numbers too.

I sighed in contentment,smiling. All thanks to Beomgyu. He's the bestest friend one can ever have.
Everything would've fine if Beomgyu hadn't acted weird. Let's keep that aside. Probably he wasn't in the mood. I should give him some space.

I decided to skip dinner tonight. Instead I made myself a mug of hot chocolate with marshmallows on top. Weather demands!!

I went to bed after being done with my routine. I sighed again thinking my mom isn't home yet. It's so late. Also it's raining non-stop outside.

Suddenly my phone buzzed. I thought it was a text from Beomgyu informing his whereabouts. But to my surprise it was from Taehyun.

I hurriedly opened the text.

Taehyun❤️

Hi princess! Are you asleep?
Sorry if I disturbed :(

Me: No it's fine. Just going to bed :3

Taehyun❤️

Ohh.. just asking what were you
doing😃 BTW I'm gonna pick you
up for school tomorrow. Be ready
ok? 🤗😉

Me: okay.. I'll be on time👍🏻

Taehyun❤️

Bye. Good night. Sleep tight🌛😪

Me: Good nighttt...❤️

I smiled at our conversation. Then I went back and checked if Beomgyu was online. No. He isn't. Infact he was online a long time ago. Is he sick? Did he catch cold? Or worst a fever?

I sighed and turned off my phone. I laid down on my back and smiled again. Today was really the greatest day of my life.

"I'm madly in love with you Kang Taehyun." I whispered to myself and dozed off.

Next morning I again woke up to the annoying ass alarm and in addition the irritating, throbbing pain inside my head. How I wish I could just bang my head with something.

I groaned and left the bed to get ready. It's really important school days otherwise I would've just skipped.

While brushing I suddenly remembered about Beomgyu. I'll ask him at school about what happened to him yesterday. Also remembered that Taehyun will be picking me up today. Thinking about him made me blush. Ughh..get yourself together Kang Yuri!!

I got dressed and despite the pain I'm feeling I put on some light makeup. It'll be really awkward if Taehyun sees me in a messy and half dead condition. Also I look really pale these days. I don't know why but I think I should have a thorough checkup. What if I'm suffering from anaemia or something?

I thrust aside the idiotic thoughts and ate my cereal. As soon as I finished the bowl,the bell rang signalling Taehyun was there.

I rushed towards the door and in an instance Taehyun was there smiling ear to ear.

"Good morning.. how are you?"

"I'm just ok. Be right here I'm coming with my backpack." I almost ran to get it.

"Be careful or else you'll trip." I heard him yell.

"Let's gooo." I happily chimed.

We were walking and talking about small things. Like what we have for breakfast etc. But somehow something was really not in shape. As if something was missing from it's place. As if someone just replaced a piece of puzzle with another one in my life. It felt different. I didn't know if the feeling was good or bad,but I decided to push it aside and enjoy the present.

We reached school and Taehyun bid his farewell by giving me a quick hug. I was standing there frozen, probably red out of embarrassment.

Time skip~~

I didn't see Beomgyu the whole day. Infact he was absent cause I'm his seatmate,I know it well. Is he really that sick? Should I go visit him? Or should I let him be alone?

I was walking towards the exit when Taehyun came to running.

"Let's go." He said holding my hands.

Confused,I asked," where?"

"To the icecream parlour. I'll treat you."

Hearing the word,icecream was enough to make me forget about everything I had in my mind. I started jumping excitedly and dragged Taehyun to the parlour.

"Calm down,calm down" Taehyun laughed out loud.

"Which flavour will you take?" He asked me.

"Mint chocolate obviously. That's my ultimate favourite."

"Eww.." Taehyun made a disgusted face.

"Whyy?" I pouted.

"Nothing. It's just it tastes weird,just like toothpaste. But as you like it I'll buy you." He smiled.

"Yayy." I cooed.

We took a cup of mint chocolate icecream and a cup of Butterscotch for Taehyun. We were enjoying our icecreams and walking towards my house. Soon enough we were standing in front of my door.

"Thanks for the treat Taehyun. I really loved it."

"Anything for you princess." He winked and waved at me before walking back to his way.

I smiled and looked up at Beomgyu's window. I felt like someone was standing there. When I looked up,the curtains were closed in a hurry. Strange!!

Was it Beomgyu? Why is he hiding from me? What did I do? He even skipped school. Was it intentionally? Or is he sick?

I was stuck there with a bunch of questions when I saw the caretaker of his house. I decided to ask her about his condition.

Hi lovies.. hope y'all are doing well. I'm trying to update more to be occupied in this quarantine. I hope y'all enjoy it. If you like it,please leave a vote. I love you all❤️

- Saraf