Chapter 11

Yuri's POV

The next three days passed on real quick. I'm currently staying at Beomgyu's place. Not that I wanted but he insisted as my mum is out for some tour and I'm sick. But he barely talks to me. We even have our meals silently. This feels so awkward when you're sitting across someone,but none of you initiate conversation.

But he always makes sure I'm well fed and having my medicines properly. Also he secretly keeps notes on various subjects on my desk,so I can study. But that's not enough for me. I need to talk to him and figure out what's bothering him. I want my annoying ass bestfriend back.

We've been studying hard as our exam was near. We didn't study together. I study in the evening as doctor suggested to not over work and maintain a healthy sleep routine. Beomgyu whereas studies really late at night. He sleeps during evening time.

But deep inside I know he still cares for me. The night before my exam was a terrible night. Not only I was stressed out for exam, but also there was a frightening thunderstorm at night. I couldn't sleep a bit as I was so afraid. It all started the day my parents got divorced. My dad kicked us out in a stormy night. It was raining so heavily and there were loud thunders.

I was so young to witness such terrific storm with bare eyes. So it got the worst of me. Since then I can't sleep alone when there's storm. I'm really afraid,I become a crying mess.

Beomgyu knows all these. So when the weather started getting wild,electricity was all out,I was sobbing under my blanket, desperate for someone's company. Beomgyu came rushing inside my room. He didn't bother if I was sleeping or not. He immediately jumped on the bed beside me and wrapped me in a huge bear hug.

I immediately froze upon his presence. But as I was so fragile at that moment,I let him hug me. I silently tried to come myself down. I could feel him gently rubbing my sides to assure me that he's here. I stopped crying and enjoyed the little moment with him.

My back was facing him. So he hugged my waist tightly and rested his head in the crook of my neck. Then he softly whispered," I'm here. I'm always here. Don't worry. Sleep well." Then I felt a wet muscle pressed on the skin of my neck. I realized he just planted a soft kiss there.

I clenched on the bedsheets tightly and tried to not make it obvious that I was awake. What if he leaves me?

Eventually I could feel his heavy breathing signalling he's fast asleep. So I moved my hand down to my waist,took his hand and intertwined our fingers before I drifted off to dream land.

The next day when I woke up Beomgyu wasn't there anymore. I could smell some pancakes,so I thought he was making breakfast.

I hurriedly got down,did my morning routine and dressed up for school. When I was downstairs,I found that one ahjumma cooking breakfast for us. I shrugged and sat across the table. Soon enough Beomgyu arrived too. We made eye contact for a split second before he looked away and had his seat.

We silently had our breakfast. I was too afraid to even thank him for yesterday. It's really sad when you get distant from your very own bestfriend.

After finishing,we both headed to school,together but at the same time alone. We parted our ways to reach our exam rooms. But that doesn't gonna work. We're in the same room and he'll sit behind me.

We got our test papers as the bell rang. I looked at the questions. Those maths look so familiar yet I can't recall where I've seen them. I sighed and started solving.

Every math seemed to be very easy to me. But when I started solving, strangely I couldn't finish them. As if something was hindering me to do so. I couldn't found out what's wrong with me.

I looked at the others. No. They all are silently brain storming. I sneaked back at Beomgyu,only to find him deeply into maths.

He suddenly looked up at me with a questioning face. I whispered to him what my problem was. He too became confused for a second. But he has to go back to solving,as the invigilator was monitoring the whole room.

I tried over and over again,but couldn't get the access of the answers. I looked at the watch. Only half an hour left,and here I barely finished 2 maths. Panick seized me. What the hell am I doing? I'll fail in this way.

I desperately wanted someone to help me but I didn't have a chance to do so. Beomgyu was also trying to help me but couldn't because of the tough guard.

I broke down into tears when the final bell rang. Beomgyu ran up to and hugged me tightly.

"Shhh. It's fine. Don't cry. It's just an exam." He said rubbing circles on my back.

I choked out a hiccup," Gyu, what's happening to me?"

"Nothing. Don't worry. You're gonna be fine. You're just a bit sick."

"No Gyu. I'm not. I'm fine but actually not fine. It's weird. I know I wasn't really good in maths but I knew every single math today. But somehow I couldn't solve them." My tears were all over Beomgyu's blazer making it soaked.

"It's okay. Let's go home first. We'll talk things out." He said and wiped the tears away from my face. I nodded and followed him to his house.

I washed my face as soon as we reached his house. He brought me my favourite snacks so I can have them while talking.

"So now tell me what exactly happened?" He asked,raising an eyebrow.

"I don't really know. I couldn't solve the problems even though I knew most of them."

"How did you know them? I'm pretty sure they were from some higher studies books."

"That's what I'm thinking. I saw them and probably practiced them somewhere. But can't recall." I said,upset with my condition

"It's okay. You need some rest. Don't stress yourself for anything. If you want to talk, I'm here. Just call me,okay?"

He stood up about to leave, but I grabbed his arm. He looked at me confused. I gestured him to stay. He was unsure for a moment but did what I told.

He sat down again and I hesitantly lie down on his lap. I took his hand and put that on my head, signalling him to run fingers through my hair.

He got what I wanted and slowly but steadily started running his fingers through my locks.

"Gyu? Thanks for yesterday. I know you came here and accompanied me so I won't be afraid." I said closing my eyes.

"Ho-how do you know?" He stuttered a bit.

"I wasn't sleeping, silly." I said smiling.

"O-ohh" he said and became silent.

"Gyu!? You know it hurts me when you ignore me, don't talk to me. If I had made a mistake,you should frankly point that out. I wouldn't mind but please never do that again."

"I-I'm sorry. I'll not do that again." He spoke softly.

"Promise me Gyu, whatever the circumstances are you won't leave my side? You'll always hang in there for me? Promise me that you won't ever give me up?" I said offering him my pinky.

"I promise you Yuri,I won't ever leave you. I'll always be here." He said,smiling,locking his pinky with mine.

Thanks everyone for reading. I really appreciate 😭

Also TXT's comeback was a huge bop🤧🤧 ohh yeah Kang Taehyun successfully wrecked my whole damn bias list.

I'm not complaining though. Hehe😅

Anyways please leave a vote ☝️ TIA ❤️