Chapter 14

Beomgyu's POV

I left Yuri with Taehyun alone there and went to join Yeonjun and Soobin hyung.

Yeonjun hyung noticed the gloominess in my face though I tried to hide it as much as I could.

He put his hand on my shoulder and looked at the direction I was staring at.

"What's it our little Gyu? You look down?"

"Uh it's nothing hyung," I lied,averting my gaze towards them.

Soobin hyung took a sip from his almond milk can and said," we ain't babies, Gyu. We ain't getting satisfied with your lies. Now spill the beans."

I sighed realizing that I've no escape but it won't hurt to tell them right? They're after all my second family. They know me way better than I know myself and are always here to comfort me.

I slowly pointed my index towards Yuri and Taehyun. They look so happy gossiping. Yuri seems a bit nervous though. Taehyun is widely smiling at her.

"Is it them? Wait when did they get that close?" Soobin hyung asked.

"They got close recently. You didn't notuce,idiot," Yeonjun hyung retorted.

"Hey I'm not idiot. But what's the relation between them and your sadness Beom?" Soobin hyung asked,raising an eyebrow.

"Wait, don't tell me Yuri is confessing to Tae? I knew that she had a crush on him," Yeonjun gasped.

"Y-yeah. She is," I finally opened up with a bitter smile.

"Oh gosh," soobin hyung said,putting a palm on his mouth. "Didn't you like her,Gyu?"

I stayed silent. Don't know how to answer. If I try speaking,I might end up crying which will ruin their moment.

"Tsk tsk. I always knew Beomgyu likes Yuri. Why the hell didn't you man up and asked her out?" Yeonjun hyung practically facepalmed himself.

"I-I" I couldn't finish the sentence.

Yeonjun hyung sighed and patted my shoulder. "It's okay. Don't get upset,bro. It happens. It happens with everyone at some point of our lives. All you have to do is eventually let go off the feelings. It's for your own good. Everything happens for a reason. Believe that this also has something good to offer. Forget it and move on. Take your time," he said,rubbing my back, empathetically.

I sniffed and brushed away the little drops of tear that slide down my cheeks. Yes, I consider myself enough lucky to have Yuri as my bestfriend. I looked up and smiled at them giving them an "ok" sign. Soobin hyung flashed a genuine smile meanwhile Yeonjun hyung had a worried expression in his face.

"I'm fine,hyung. Let's enjoy the party. I don't want to ruin your time," I said,laughing a bit.

Huening came suddenly with a glass full of his favourite grape juice,offering me. I took the glass from him and thanked him.

I took a sip and looked at them again. Yuri has the locket in her hand already,hanging in front of Taehyun. Taehyun is looking down with a sad expression. Wait,this feels weird.

I stared at them carefully. Taehyun finally started speaking, Yuri has an inpatient look at first but eventually that expression was replaced with hurt. I could feel my heart churn,when I saw tears in her eyes. It destroys me everytime I see Yuri crying. Did that bustard reject Yuri?

Yuri stopped Taehyun in the mid of his sentence and turned around,running outside of the house. I heard Taehyun call her name a few times.

We all were so confused at the scene. But I could feel my blood boiling up in anger. My hand turned into a tight fist. Yeonjun hyung could sense the danger and tried calming me down.