(1)

All rights reserved.

·A U T U M N, 2014·

The city was eerily quiet. My feet padded softly onto the concrete sidewalk . Old Victorian houses and shops were lined on either side of me long closed as the tower clock struck midnight.

My black attire hid my gender and half my face so that only my dark green eyes were visible. I scanned the road ahead of me, a lamp post casting shadows all over the walls and the bare road. The moon hung high like a beacon of light in the sky.

I neared the alleyway, turning a sharp left and a hint of a smirk appeared on my expressionless face. A old homeless person was sitting against the metal fence overlooking the upper class region of Warr Acres city. Dead grass gathered around his rugged figure, his bones prominent through his rags and his face sunken in from the effects of starvation.

My shadow followed along the wall, shifting slowly to that of a Werewolf. Skin broke and fell to the ground along with splatters of fresh blood. I groaned against the pain careful not to alert my ignorant prey.

My claws glinted off the moon and I moved gracefully towards the old man. Hunger was shown in my eyes and was soon fulfilled when I pounced eagerly onto his unsuspecting form.

He didn't take long to finish. The snapping of my jaws swallowed out his screams. My canines were covered in human blood that dripped to the ground. My eyes stared at the life draining out of the head that I swallowed whole. I was satisfied now and I decided not to shift back, moving out of the alleyway with the confidence of a Mountain Lion.

My two furry legs and skinny arms shifted back and forth creating a buzzing sound that echoed into the night time air. Every human was asleep by now so there will be no witnesses. If there was, they'd be killed before they even got ten feet ahead of me.

Shuffling was heard behind me and I couldn't help but think of the irony. The strong scent of vanilla and strawberries overwhelmed my nostrils and my eyes glittered between hazel and green. I switched my large body around, my eyes wide and alert as they searched the area with my legs moving towards the smell.

A trashcan fell over, a human male rushing out into the open. He was frail looking, his clothes sticking to him in sweat and showcasing that he had only a few muscular entity's.

His breath was slow and ragged and he stepped backwards. His brown eyes wide with fear and he held a camera in his shaking hands. His scent was intoxicating and I had to fight the want to devour him. He was different than the other humans.

I wanted to eat him like all the others. But my heart wanted me to keep him alive. I fought off the blood thirst which was the first for me feeling pride swell inside me.

I couldn't believe what he was. It's been years since I was taught about mates. The idea was shocking, but his scent begged to differ.

"Y-You killed Gra-Grandpa!" His voice was brittle and filled with resentment.

He was younger than me, judging by his tone of voice and his scent. At least a year between us. I've only been like this since I was nine. I'm eighteen now.

I growled in warning when he moved. His body stiffened and he yelped halting from moving into the alleyway where nothing remained of his 'Grandpa'. I never leave scraps, only blood.

He was obviously small for his age. His height at least two inches taller than me if I were to shift back. But I can't have him rushing back to the Night Guards and having me captured.

I had to kill him.

The thought now seemed so uncanny to me. I became confused and took a cautious step backwards.

I can't kill him. I couldn't.

The screeching of a car made my ears turn up. I glanced straight towards the sound and I saw that the boy and I were in the middle of the road. Headlights shone down on us up from the road that I came down earlier.

My heart filled with apprehension. My feelings still unclear about my mate.

The boy was then like a deer caught in headlights. Frozen and not moving an inch. Hastily I shifted around, my legs pushing me down the road and out of the way of the vehicle.

The boy.

That thought made me freeze myself and spare a weary glance backwards. He wasn't moving. The car was gaining on him and didn't look ready to stop.

I was stuck between two choices. Save him or let him get hit?

My mind still wasn't made up and by than it was too late, for the boy got hit and his body was thrown to the side like a useless rag doll.

·End·

Reason- Simply because I messed up the other one, my mind moves like the light of speed than I remember that I was suppose to do this before I did this lol. But I've always been better at these types of stories.

Vote and share especially for the Watty Awards, comment plz :)

Song is for all the chapters involved in part one.

Have a nice day, S.J :)