Chapter 2: "Cold And Misery"

Hello everyone! Content warning: sad depressing themes ahead! I have nothing else to say so let's get into it (965 words) not long, but another chapter will come out soon!

(again see profile, conversation area for updates on chapter dates or times, it only gets announced to followers btw) <3

I panicked, I sucked in a sharp breath as I pulled out my phone now cradling grian holding him close to my body trying to warm him up.

"Iskall!" I yelled panicked

"dude, what it's early" he replied tiredly

"I found grian outside he's freezing and unconscious." I ranted panickily

"I'll be at grains base in a few," he replied quickly.

I picked grain up off the grass and took off on my elytra carrying grian back to his base.

"what were you doing out there grian," I mutter aloud.

-Iskall85's Pov-

I quickly got up after I hung up, I gather my elytra and fireworks as I quickly left my base shooting off fireworks in the direction of Grians starter base. The wind rustled my hair as I landed on the dirt path, quickly I went inside however mumbo wasn't there. he'll get here soon I thought aloud as I wandered through Grians base.

(short pov but whatever)

-Mumbo's Pov-

My elytra flying already wasn't the best but it was even harder with the added weight. I have no time to complain I thought as I clutched Grain to my body tighter. I fumbled to shoot off the firework before I could see Grians starter base, I watched as the once sunny day becomes gloomy. As a drop of rain lands on my face, I pick up the pace as the winds become hard. The worst timing ever I exclaimed, I finally landed awkwardly on the grass clutching Grian tighter as the winds blow around us. I look up to see iskall in the doorway a worried expression on his face, I panted heavily.

"iskall!" I exclaimed, 

"fire, warmth" was all I said before he was rushing back inside.

I quickly gathered myself and sped walked inside, the warmth hitting my damp face. I lay grian onto the couch as iskall lights a warm fire, I gathered the blankets wrapping grian in them. I leaned grian onto me trying to retain body heat, his bluish-purple lips slowly regaining color. Iskall came and sat on the other side of Grian.

"What, what was he doing out there?" iskall said worry less evident in his voice.

"I, honestly don't know" I mumbled looking at Grians soft expression.

"well just have to wait to ask I guess" Iskall replied

"yeah," I said looking at the fires glow.

Grians shivering wasn't as bad only a slight shiver here and there. 

-Grians Pov-

I could feel warm air on my face, I mumbled as I squinted my eyes open. I fully opened my eyes as I saw a dim fire and my starter base. I looked up to see a sleeping mumbo, that I was using as a pillow, iskall sleeping beside me. it was rather dark so I assumed it was night still, I got off the couch removing the blankets. I shivered as I knelt down to the fire, I set some more wood onto it and sat down onto the floor. I looked at my peacefully sleeping friends, I reflected on what happened earlier. What was I doing I questioned in a soft whisper, I remember! I was sitting by the cliff and couldn't bring myself to move passing out from the cold. I go wide-eyed as I looked at my friends, there's no way I could explain this. I sucked in a tight breath as I concentrated on thinking of an excuse.

No that's stupid, I thought to myself. I looked at the warm fire, ah! I know, I hit my head while landing making me fall unconscious. yeah, yeah that's good they'll believe that!

I noticed the two men shift and I locked my eyes on the firey glow, trying to seem dazed. mumbo was first to wake, yawning as he rubbed his eyes. I could feel his eyes lock onto me his gaze seeming to linger as I stared at the flames. 

"Grian?" he sounded surprised and happy waking iskall.

"what" I hear iskall mumble out sleepily.

"Grian" I heard mumbo ask again

I almost broke into tears at his worry but held my ground with every last bit of emotional strength I had.

I looked up at mumbo innocently, mumbo sprung to his feet and hugged me on the floor. I hugged back to make sure I looked okay, iskall now aware of the situation also joined me and mumbo on the floor. the embrace broke and they sat back around the warm fire, a blanket was placed on my shoulders I wasn't complaining.

"Grian oh my goodness, what were you doing out there?" the concerned hermit asked, iskall nodding in agreement.

"I- I honestly don't remember that much," I said briefly making eye contact.

"well what do you remember?" iskall asked

"um, let's see, I was uh flying, yes flying! I ran out rockets and I think while trying to land I hit my head." I said softly

"Oh gosh, we were so worried," iskall said

"Yeah, when I found you, you were freezing and unconscious, you must have been there like the whole night." mumbo said worriedly

"I'm sorry to make you worry" I mumbled out I could see streams of sunlight coming through the window.

"don't worry about it, you had no control over that situation" iskall replied with a soft smile.

I nodded, pretending to yawn. "we better let you get rest Grian" mumbo said smiling.

"yeah" I replied tiredly 

They both said there goodbyes as they got up leaving the small base.

I sighed once again forced to stay awake with my thoughts, at least they believed it, I thought.

So sorry to end it here but that's all the writing for this chapter hope to see ya in the next one. Thanks so much for the support at the ending of my last book! 

Again thanks for all your support, <3